For those who wish to brush up on Babylon 5

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/babylon-5-finally-available-online-streaming
Older fans know Babylon 5, the game-changing 1994-1998 series, but younger fans may not have had a chance to watch it. Here’s your internet-sized window of opportunity. B5 has come to streaming service Go90.

According to showrunner J. Michael Straczynski’s Facebook page, “This is the first time B5 has been streamed online or available in the US for a very long time.” Go90 is offering all five seasons for free, without commercial breaks. I tested it myself, and it looks great.

For those who don’t know, B5 popularized the story arc in sci-fi television. (Robotech and other anime beat B5 to the game.) When it wasn’t showing us conflicts between human and aliens, humans and telepaths, aliens and aliens, it was hinting at, then revealing, a complex backstory. It took years to play out.

In fact, its serialized plot-arc-driven storylines may be a better fit for streaming media, rather than waiting each week for the next piece of the puzzle.

I've been struggling to come up with a quick synopsis, but I'm failing to do it well. But I guess I could say: B5 is about a space station that plays a part in a galactic conflict.

To watch streams of Babylon 5 online free, click below.
https://www.go90.com/shows/babylon5

Reactions: Ammorn and Dinsum

Dinsum

Space Marshal
Aug 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Dinsum1
I have the series saved on my PC. A great show even though it took a few episodes for me to get into it. Good find!! :beers:

Reactions: Talonsbane

Graptor

Space Marshal
Jul 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Graptor
Funny, last night after discussing on the other thread, I went out looking for it on Netflix, and even the internet TV plugins I have for Kodi, and couldn't find it. Finally, after poking around for a while, found the Go90 site, registered, and watched the first 3 episodes. I was disappointed they didn't have the pilot movie, I would have watched that first.

It definitely grabbed me enough to watch a couple more tonight, starting in ohhhhh.... about as long as it takes me to finish this, and go grab my first beer of the night.

What I'm hearing from you is that the plot gets woven throughout the years, meaning I should pay attention to the character development in this first season while it's sucking me in.

You know what's nice about it, it's old fashioned TV, meaning without commercials it's only 42 minutes long, so you can slam several into one night. All the cable series, like Game of Thrones, or the Expanse, are an hour. To watch 3 of them is too many hours in one night.

Forgot your password?