Found this floating around!

CitizenONE84

Commander
Nov 30, 2018
RSI Handle
ONE84
Morning Testies,

I found this floating out there and thought i'd share it for those who maybe missed it or who have not seen it yet.

Subnautica is currently available for FREE on Epic Games "https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/subnautica/home" until the 27 Dec 2018.

I've watched a few streams and game-plays on it and seemed like a fun game!

Anyways Enjoy!!!!!!!

CitizenONE84

Commander
Nov 30, 2018
RSI Handle
ONE84
Watched this game on a few streams. Seemed like it might be fun - but I never really got to a point where I'd consider buying it.

But hey! I love free shit!

Er... Free games!
Hahaha who doesn't like free.....Games 😜😝😛

Reactions: Ammorn

Rear_Intruder

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 9, 2017
RSI Handle
Rear_Intruder
I bought it on steam for VR about a month ago, I got a refund as it is fundamentally flawed in VR. When you look at your PDA thing. The text is fixed about 3 inches in front of your face and is impossible to read normally. Apart from that it was nice for about 3 hours.

There is nothing better than free One84. For non VR folk give it a go

CitizenONE84

Commander
Nov 30, 2018
RSI Handle
ONE84
I bought it on steam for VR about a month ago, I got a refund as it is fundamentally flawed in VR. When you look at your PDA thing. The text is fixed about 3 inches in front of your face and is impossible to read normally. Apart from that it was nice for about 3 hours.

There is nothing better than free One84. For non VR folk give it a go
Aye definitely will give it a go Bro, I've been looking at it for a while and wanting to try it but just haven't got round to it until today lol Now if only we could get free Beer like this 😜😝🍺🍻

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I've played through it on PC - It's absolutely wonderful - a little glitchy sometimes, but as a story driven exploration game it's outstanding, and the atmospherics & edge of seat moments are excellent.
The wildlife is fun and each creature is well designed to stand out from others.

Plus you can build sub bases in volcanoes and stuff.

Definitely recommend it.

Hell, I'd say it's worth the £15 (?) price tag. If you can get it for free, definitely do.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
This is way more interesting than I thought it would be. I got sucked into the cycle of explore/build/gather_supplies/survive/repeat.

The first time I almost got eaten was amazing, it flipped the whole feel of the game upside down.
Slightly spoilery:

I was cruising in my precious little yellow moth, looking for stuff to scan behind the wreckage of the Aurora, when I came upon something I wanted to inspect.
My PC headphones were hangin off the side of my table as usual, as I was listening to a podcast on my tablet on my other headphones it being 2 am... Anyways, some of the louder sounds from the game still came through so I could hear em over the podcast.
I exited my moth, and in that very instant, a shadow came over me and I could hear a huge roar!
I turned around, and saw the biggest monster I've yet to encounter in the game, with my moth in it's mouth being torn to pieces!
Shocked that I just got away from being eaten by a tenth of a second out of shear luck, I scrambled to get my swimmy-porpellery-thingy equipped and aimed for the seafloor, to hide between the crashed parts! The Reaper came back for me, crashing into the junk and swimming away again. Realizing that I didn't have my second O2 tank on me, I had to go up for air, with the monster around. It was an exciting time to get the hell out of there, but in the end I managed to swim back to base and rebuild my moth. I've been much more careful since then, and found many more places with leviathans cruising around for prey, but avoided getting eaten again.

One of my smaller criticisms is that the game makes it rather hard to find some very important stuff early on. If you are slow on progression, or just unlucky in finding some of the blueprints, but keep exploring with your limited gear, the story still goes on and sends you to places you shouldn't visit yet!
For example, if you go to the floating islands cos some radio message sends you there, you are most likely in a hurry to get there and get off the place as soon as possible, cos you are probably running low on food and water, and probably have better things to do you planned out earlier. There is seemingly nothing of importance there apart from some plant life you can't utilize yet. Unless you are lucky enough to run into the exact places you need to discover, you might think it's just a plot device, and not useful otherwise. I totally missed the right spots, and need to go back to get some vital blueprints. Also the point of interest markers are bugged and you might think that you can't turn it back on once you've visited such a place, so you can't easily find your way back. I just discovered like 20 hours in that you can actually turn em back on by turning them off and on again!

Anyways, I don't want to a write a full review lol. I found way more fun in this game than I expected to, so thank you for bringin this to my attention!

CitizenONE84

Commander
Nov 30, 2018
RSI Handle
ONE84
This is way more interesting than I thought it would be. I got sucked into the cycle of explore/build/gather_supplies/survive/repeat.

The first time I almost got eaten was amazing, it flipped the whole feel of the game upside down.
Slightly spoilery:

I was cruising in my precious little yellow moth, looking for stuff to scan behind the wreckage of the Aurora, when I came upon something I wanted to inspect.
My PC headphones were hangin off the side of my table as usual, as I was listening to a podcast on my tablet on my other headphones it being 2 am... Anyways, some of the louder sounds from the game still came through so I could hear em over the podcast.
I exited my moth, and in that very instant, a shadow came over me and I could hear a huge roar!
I turned around, and saw the biggest monster I've yet to encounter in the game, with my moth in it's mouth being torn to pieces!
Shocked that I just got away from being eaten by a tenth of a second out of shear luck, I scrambled to get my swimmy-porpellery-thingy equipped and aimed for the seafloor, to hide between the crashed parts! The Reaper came back for me, crashing into the junk and swimming away again. Realizing that I didn't have my second O2 tank on me, I had to go up for air, with the monster around. It was an exciting time to get the hell out of there, but in the end I managed to swim back to base and rebuild my moth. I've been much more careful since then, and found many more places with leviathans cruising around for prey, but avoided getting eaten again.

One of my smaller criticisms is that the game makes it rather hard to find some very important stuff early on. If you are slow on progression, or just unlucky in finding some of the blueprints, but keep exploring with your limited gear, the story still goes on and sends you to places you shouldn't visit yet!
For example, if you go to the floating islands cos some radio message sends you there, you are most likely in a hurry to get there and get off the place as soon as possible, cos you are probably running low on food and water, and probably have better things to do you planned out earlier. There is seemingly nothing of importance there apart from some plant life you can't utilize yet. Unless you are lucky enough to run into the exact places you need to discover, you might think it's just a plot device, and not useful otherwise. I totally missed the right spots, and need to go back to get some vital blueprints. Also the point of interest markers are bugged and you might think that you can't turn it back on once you've visited such a place, so you can't easily find your way back. I just discovered like 20 hours in that you can actually turn em back on by turning them off and on again!

Anyways, I don't want to a write a full review lol. I found way more fun in this game than I expected to, so thank you for bringin this to my attention!
Aye totally agree with you! This has happened to me a lot of the time and resulted in adrenaline rush situations to survive or like me stocking up on important things but to always run out of inv space and then pondering what to drop whilst a beast lurks behind you lol!!!!! Great fun though 😀

Forgot your password?