FPS Tactical team

sum1

Space Marshal
Jun 26, 2015
RSI Handle
sum1
I am looking to fit out my Redeemer with a full tactical team. I want to start training as soon as we can get our hands on the FPS, as the Redeemer is limited to 6 ground-ponders, and 3 ship staff. I am looking for a team of 8 other people, one of them will be a pilot. I would also like to take this team to a semi-pro e-sports level I am hoping will grow around star citizen. If you want to be part of this, please let me know, what you want to do.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Hey SUM!

We currently have a few divisions in TEST which you can join to do just that, though our Primary ground forces are the Yellowjackets, found in this thread. I don't know if we're so serious to get to "eSports levels", but hey, we're the second largest ORG in the game, so you never know.

Take your time to get acclimated, grab a beer or seven, and have fun :)

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Sum1 brings up a good point, though. Team-based FPS is huge in E-sports and there is no reason why Star Marine won't eventually be a big contender in the competitive gaming world. Once the FPS module drops, a team can be formed specifically for those who want to eventually compete professionally.

TEST Gaming was created for Twitch streamers, but we can expand it to TEST E-sports competitors as well.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Sum1 brings up a good point, though. Team-based FPS is huge in E-sports and there is no reason why Star Marine won't eventually be a big contender in the competitive gaming world. Once the FPS module drops, a team can be formed specifically for those who want to eventually compete professionally.

TEST Gaming was created for Twitch streamers, but we can expand it to TEST E-sports competitors as well.
Hmmm, how does one get an invite to join the TEST Gaming group?

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
our Primary ground forces are the Yellowjackets, found in this thread.
Huh, I didn't realise we had an application process for the Yellow Jackets now. Just applied. I'm gonna be all about the FPS stuff most of all in the PTU/PU, as I am a shocking pilot. Pretty good at exploding into stuff, though.

Reactions: ThomSirveaux

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
500 subs?! Damn, and here I thought I'd have a chance...
It's 500 followers. The concept here is that if you're serious about streaming and willing to put the time and dedication into the craft, you'll find that many will tune in and follow your channel, and it's that dedication that we're looking for for the TEST stream team. With this, people will know that everyone on TEST Gaming is at least semi-active with their stream channel on a regular basis.

Being consistent is key, so it's best to work out a schedule that works best for you, even if it isn't every day, then stick to that schedule. People will appreciate knowing what day and time will be on versus just hoping to catch your stream whenever you may happen to be on.

Building an audience takes time, but to paraphrase Field of Dreams, "If you stream it, they will come." :)

UnderSc0re

Space Marshal
Mar 17, 2015
RSI Handle
UnderSc0re
It's 500 followers. The concept here is that if you're serious about streaming and willing to put the time and dedication into the craft, you'll find that many will tune in and follow your channel, and it's that dedication that we're looking for for the TEST stream team. With this, people will know that everyone on TEST Gaming is at least semi-active with their stream channel on a regular basis.

Being consistent is key, so it's best to work out a schedule that works best for you, even if it isn't every day, then stick to that schedule. People will appreciate knowing what day and time will be on versus just hoping to catch your stream whenever you may happen to be on.

Building an audience takes time, but to paraphrase Field of Dreams, "If you stream it, they will come." :)
Was going to ask if you go to http://www.twitch.tv/team/test and someone is hosting if that showed up. I confirmed that is not true myself. Are there thoughts of having TestSquadron become a 24 hours station that shows clips or full video of major Test streamers and fledglings not yet on the stream team? Or would we just need to go to https://testsquadron.com/streams/ to find up and comers?

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
Was going to ask if you go to http://www.twitch.tv/team/test and someone is hosting if that showed up. I confirmed that is not true myself. Are there thoughts of having TestSquadron become a 24 hours station that shows clips or full video of major Test streamers and fledglings not yet on the stream team? Or would we just need to go to https://testsquadron.com/streams/ to find up and comers?
I believe you can set it to host streamers on the team. Don't know if it works on rotation or priority, though.

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Hey Sum1, Welcome to TEST. You should take the time to tell us a bit about yourself, this is after all the introduction section. Your idea about a tactical team sounds great, but I'm sure many of us would like to know who we're going to be crashing into capital ships with...

Reactions: Willem Default

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
I am looking to fit out my Redeemer with a full tactical team. I want to start training as soon as we can get our hands on the FPS, as the Redeemer is limited to 6 ground-ponders, and 3 ship staff. I am looking for a team of 8 other people, one of them will be a pilot. I would also like to take this team to a semi-pro e-sports level I am hoping will grow around star citizen. If you want to be part of this, please let me know, what you want to do.
Heya Sum1, didnt notice you joined test there :D Been a while. Welcome to test btw.

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
My mum gives me pizza money, does that make me a professional gamer?

Welcome!

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Forgot your password?