Fury X voltage locked for review samples

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
I know I might be bashing AMD lately, but I am just intensly watching the Fury X as it supposed to be the next big thing.
According to Gibbo on overclockers.co.uk, fury x has its voltage locked and will not be good at overclocking.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28207511&postcount=1129

The cards he sees being top dog is evga classified Kingpi (worldwide) and Galax HOF (EU?).

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I know I might be bashing AMD lately, but I am just intensly watching the Fury X as it supposed to be the next big thing.
According to Gibbo on overclockers.co.uk, fury x has its voltage locked and will not be good at overclocking.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=28207511&postcount=1129

The cards he sees being top dog is evga classified Kingpi (worldwide) and Galax HOF (EU?).
What's the point of overclocking a fairly beefy GPU in the first place?

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
What's the point of overclocking a fairly beefy GPU in the first place?
Extra fps, benchmarking, and because you can? Thats why i said its not for overclockers, for normal people its still a great card.

For overclockers it looks like maxwell will perform better. This is normal that a reference carf will perform worst than a lower ranked gpu that has a custom pcb.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Titan X was volt locked when it came out, IIRC, it's not like this is a unique situation. AMD has said they will unlock the voltage later on down the road.

And it might just be that since AMD hasn't released any drivers for Afterburner or whatever that he couldn't do it on the old software. Who knows?

Reactions: Krystal LeChuck
Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
Titan X was volt locked when it came out, IIRC, it's not like this is a unique situation. AMD has said they will unlock the voltage later on down the road.

And it might just be that since AMD hasn't released any drivers for Afterburner or whatever that he couldn't do it on the old software. Who knows?

True i wish i could put a speculation/rumor flair on threads.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake

Also I just looked it up. Titan X had its voltages unlocked after NDA was lifted so there would not be any OC NDA breaches. Anyone who bought it had it unlocked. You did have to wait for MSI Afterburner to update to 4.1.1. The less popular evga eleet was already updated

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
True i wish i could put a speculation/rumor flair on threads.
You can! Just put [SPECULATION/RUMOR] in front of the thread topic! Or just don't post speculations and rumors.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
You can! Just put [SPECULATION/RUMOR] in front of the thread topic! Or just don't post speculations and rumors.
But its not a rumor or speculation for this thread. It is confirmed and is subject to change once official release but right now it is locked

Krystal LeChuck

Meme Meister
Staff member
Officer
Jun 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Krystal
But its not a rumor or speculation for this thread. It is confirmed and is subject to change once official release but right now it is locked
As you said it is subject to change once officially released. Why should we care what they do with their reviewer samples. Consumers care about the official consumer releases. Also topic title could be a little more informative like "Fury X voltage locked on review samples" and not "Fury X not for overclockers". This is a bit misleading.

Jul 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Salt_Lake
As you said it is subject to change once officially released. Why should we care what they do with their reviewer samples. Consumers care about the official consumer releases. Also topic title could be a little more informative like "Fury X voltage locked on review samples" and not "Fury X not for overclockers". This is a bit misleading.
Much better title, I have changed it.

Forgot your password?