Game that been in development longer than SC!

Leofev

Commander
Nov 29, 2022
RSI Handle
LemmingOfEvil
Reactions: Scape

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you.

20 years and still going. But then again it's been open to the public, so fewer people complaining.
DF has been an actual game during most of that time, however, not just an alpha. Despite being never "finished" either. Also you could say it took kind of the opposite approach: Mechanics first, graphics - well... something like gfx - second. Given that I probably spent about 1500-2500 (edit2: actually I already played 500 hours the last couple of weeks, so probably more like 5k to 10 on DF :D) hours with DF and probably only about a 150 with SC (game, excluding forum activity) during the last 10 years. I'd say SC need to include way more mechanics for me to tip the scales towards another direction. Probably not this year yet - edit: though 3.18 certainly seem a measureable step towards towards the RDR in space I'm hoping for.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scape and Bambooza

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
@Richard Bong

Not looking to excuse it, excusing it would be giving them my money and then never playing the game again because I see not progress. I continue to play it because well, I enjoy it on several different aspects including watching it's progression over the past 10 years. Thus I give them a reason to earn more of my money, but I do so on my terms, so the more they push out server meshing, Quantum and SQ42 the more reason I have to get that shiny gold suit...

Attachments

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
@Richard Bong

Not looking to excuse it, excusing it would be giving them my money and then never playing the game again because I see not progress. I continue to play it because well, I enjoy it on several different aspects including watching it's progression over the past 10 years. Thus I give them a reason to earn more of my money, but I do so on my terms, so the more they push out server meshing, Quantum and SQ42 the more reason I have to get that shiny gold suit...
I'm at 2100 and without serious changes at CIG that is where it ends.
My better half is just over 980 and that is stopping there as well.

KuruptU4Fun

Vice Admiral
Dec 10, 2021
RSI Handle
KuruptU4Fun68
I'm at 2100 and without serious changes at CIG that is where it ends.
My better half is just over 980 and that is stopping there as well.
Then let's leave this conversation where it should end now. I'm here for me, not your needs to push my beliefs into a way to argue with you. No need for you to respond.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Oh yeah... I'm still waiting for Beyond Good and Evil 2... : /

bge2-peyj.jpg

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Do what you want, I'm not trying to push you into anything.

Forgot your password?