Gamescom 2017

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
They are playing a limited version of 3.0. While the build is full, quantum is disabled. I will put some impressions here.

Oh, there are no raffles this week, so no need to jump in to live if your time does not permit it.

First looks at the new cutlass,Nox, new armor, and the prospector.

Honestly, the Cutlass isn't as impressive as I hoped, but I am not a drake fan. That said, it is massively better than it was before. Side Doors as well as the rear cargo ramp. 6 drop seats right by the cargo ramp. You could use the Cutlass very easily as a drop ship.

Prospector looks cool, as does the nox.

The new flight suits look like a combo flightsuit/light armor set. Much better looking.

New free look activation of some controls. Use free look to locate controls and turn on and off controls like engines, shields, etc.

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
They are now showing some of the outposts. Looks kind of interesting. Lots of detail, but there is definitely a vibe similar to the buildings seen in Mass Effect: Andromeda. DJ Knight seems to have encountered a bug with the systems and is stuck in a building.

Oh, Daymar is huge. You can go into space from the ground, but you can also just fly around near the surface. I am not sure if it would be better to fly along the surface, or to go into space and orbit to the spot you want to go to and then land/go down to the surface.

Oh, happy b-day to Disco Lando

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
New Aurora is in,

The cockpit is clean with a definite RSI vibe. Flat plan controls and struts blocking your view.

The shoulder mounted rail gun is being demoed. Very nice for use against ships while you are on foot. Also usable against ground vehicles. It's not instant hit though and you will need to lead your targets.

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Survival time in your suit seems to be very short. DJ was in a wreck and only had 3? minutes of air. With running, it was significantly less. Are they anticipating that people will be rescued very quickly, or are they planning on extending it later on to several hours or at least 30 mintues?

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
they are running for a prospector right now. Looks awesome. Definitely a freelancer/Starfarer vibe. to it.

Field of view is incredible.

Mining with the prospector will not be in 3.0 as the mining laser is not articulated yet.

The interior is "cozy" (aka, SMALL)

Several server crashes already.

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
During the videos between segments, I might have seen the Polaris. The Javelin and Idris were also seen. Now, how close are they? probably just the exterior models...but they look AWESOME. Approximately 1h 45 minutes into the stream. I suspect it's the last 10 minutes or so of the stream that start at 6am EDT.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Foundry 42 interview up now.

Code for 3.0 is pretty solid, but right now, it's about getting the bugs out so that it's a solid play experience. They don't want to release a product that will frustrate players. Right now, their internal QA has plenty of bugs to keep them busy and they don't need to go to the Evocati. They will release to the Evocati once their internal Q/A has it pretty good. Then the Avacados will come back with plenty of other bugs to fix before it can go to the test servers/live servers

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Supposedly the Cutlass and Nox are now up for sale hidden behind some QR code. They also said it was the last time they would be at their "introductory" price. They said an expected price increase will happen for the cutlass around 3.0.
QR code?

Edit: Nevermind, new posts were posted while I was reading.

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
They have confirmed that the higher off the planet you get, the faster you can go. So if you need to hop from one side of the planet to another, you need to take off and move your ship do do it quickly, whereas if you were to do it cruising over the ground, it would take you a long time.

Forgot your password?