Gladius & Hornet

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Macaque
General discussion about the Aegis Gladius and Anvil Hornet.

I currently have a Gladius and I am pondering the idea of CCU'ing it to a Hornet. In the future, I'd probably upgrade it to a Super Hornet..

I've been doing really well, or at least that is my opinion, in matches as of lately. Generally, I am able to easily kill a Hornet in my Gladius; but when I come across anything like a Gladiator, or a skilled pilot in a Hornet, my number is up.

Overall, the differences between the two ships has been argued extensively. I am curious about each individual ships ability to survive and remain useful in the long run.

Sure, the Gladius can out maneuver many ships, but when it comes to large fleet battles.. If you catch a stray bullet, you are still ****ed... Where as the Hornet has more armor, it may last longer in a battle.

Thoughts?

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
General discussion about the Aegis Gladius and Anvil Hornet.

I currently have a Gladius and I am pondering the idea of CCU'ing it to a Hornet. In the future, I'd probably upgrade it to a Super Hornet..

I've been doing really well, or at least that is my opinion, in matches as of lately. Generally, I am able to easily kill a Hornet in my Gladius; but when I come across anything like a Gladiator, or a skilled pilot in a Hornet, my number is up.

Overall, the differences between the two ships has been argued extensively. I am curious about each individual ships ability to survive and remain useful in the long run.

Sure, the Gladius can out maneuver many ships, but when it comes to large fleet battles.. If you catch a stray bullet, you are still ****ed... Where as the Hornet has more armor, it may last longer in a battle.

Thoughts?
If you go https://testsquadron.com/threads/squadron-reporting-ship-talk-3-fighters-part-2.3611/#post-40674 here you can see what I said about the 2 ships after flying both.

Forgot your password?