Grumpy Old Man

Vexius

Lieutenant
May 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Vexius
Hail and well met, fellow citizens! I'm usually the "old man" of my gaming groups, but that may not be the case here. :) I'm a 38 year old Software Architect and currently reside in Kentucky, holding down a DXRacer in my "home office" until such time that my variable height desk arrives next week (along with my dual T-16000Ms).

I've been gaming as long as I can remember. Ultima and Bard's Tale on a Commodore 64 anyone? Maybe some TSR Gold Box RPG action on a homebrew 286? Or maybe some Top Gun on an NES? I'm definitely an RPG guy, but have always been drawn to sci-fi and space games, despite them being few and far between.

I've been passively following Star Citizen since the pre-kickstarter days, but only recently pledged because I'm a giant slacker. The sandbox concept is something I'm really drawn to. I played EVE for several years and found myself going out for combat missions for funsies, but spent more time in Excel or working on fixing bugs in a Java trade route planner, which I have no problem with. The simple fact that I can have fun in a game while playing the way I want to is refreshing after playing so many cookie cutter RPGs. I'm obviously getting into dog-fighting and racing in Star Citizen, but I'll definitely spend a lot of time doing some of the less twitchy activities once they become part of the game.

When I pulled the trigger on a starter pack, I hopped on Twitch and found SupremeTokyo streaming and have since started watching RedLir, Captain Richard, Myre and Skyyhawk. The community feeling in their streams has been quite refreshing.

I say all that to say this... I'm new to the squadron. I've been around the block, but I'm old and rusty. I'm rough around the edges and a bit of an asshole, but you'll find that I'm a good guy once you get to know me.

Looking forward to flying with all of you!

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
I've been around the block, but I'm old and rusty. I'm rough around the edges and a bit of an asshole, but you'll find that I'm a good guy once you get to know me.
Are you my twin? :eek:

Welcome to TEST, you'll find loads of information and great people to help with all your SC needs. Just sit down, relax, start shitposting and you'll fit right in......works for me! :rolleyes:

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Welcome to TEST! Be assured there are plenty of old farts for company here.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I've been around the block, but I'm old and rusty. I'm rough around the edges and a bit of an asshole, but you'll find that I'm a good guy once you get to know me.
You sound like I'm looking in the mirror. Ha.
it makes sense in my head
Welcome to TEST! Be assured there are plenty of old farts for company here.
Watch your tongue boy! Haha.

Rolo

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 22, 2016
RSI Handle
RoloKipp
Welcome to Test, although, you being only a few years older than my daughter, I simply can not call you an old man with a straight face :-P

ThunderKraken

Space Marshal
Mar 30, 2016
RSI Handle
Thunder_Kraken
Not here you're not, now eat your vegetables and be good. (well maybe not).

That 's not rust, it's mud. I told you not to play in the mud. You youngsters.

It will a pleasure.

Welcome to TEST.
Can confirm, cosmic is the oldest dude I know that plays video games. Im pretty sure i saw him steal someone's soul in flight school. And then he quietly whispered... "yesss... another 2 weeksss"

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I'm a 38 year old
*sigh* Another youngster ...
:D

Welcome. The plus side being here: as a 38 year old you can still feel like a teen in puberty. Or: testsquadron is your personal fountain of youth (or of beer, however you take this) :D

Cheers!
Sam

Reactions: Rolo and Blind Owl
Forgot your password?