Has anyone driven a rover to the Jav husk on Daymar?

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Just curious how long it would take, but it sounds like it might actually be fun - what is the nearest outpost that you can spawn a rover at?

That would be epic for a multi-crew roadtrip.

'Gimp

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
Just curious how long it would take, but it sounds like it might actually be fun - what is the nearest outpost that you can spawn a rover at?

That would be epic for a multi-crew roadtrip.

'Gimp
you know...thinking out loud...why not have a rally at Shubin (on Daymar) or ArcCorp (on Yela) next weekend?

Of course, it would be irresponsible to suggest getting smashed on New Year's Eve and taking an Ursa Rover out for a spin...I would never suggest such a thing ;)

Reactions: AstroGimp01

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I support this notion - although I am not seeing my Aquila Loaner nor my Ursa lately - but I know I have a couple Dragon Fly's.

Let us make this happen.

Gimp

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
My experiences with Dragon Fly's and Nox's has been that when you power on, it zooms up into the stratosphere and leaves you there to die. I was unable to ever get them to descend, they want to be up with the stars!

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
ROAD TRIP ALL THE THINGS!

(when can we start making roads on these moons and planets so that the trip will smoother and perhaps a small speed bonus as opposed to driving on the dirt/terrain?)

Reactions: NaffNaffBobFace

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
My experiences with Dragon Fly's and Nox's has been that when you power on, it zooms up into the stratosphere and leaves you there to die. I was unable to ever get them to descend, they want to be up with the stars!
I flew out to Daymar and spawned a Dragonfly and it did indeed start zooming up, so I turned the engine off and it began to descend and at what I thought was a safe distance above the ground I turned the engine back on and it soft-landed and was essentially controllable, but only just so, after that. I hit something that bounced it up and it started the same climb, I turned engine off and on again and it worked again.

Definately buggy in terms of operation right now.

'Gimp

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I flew out to Daymar and spawned a Dragonfly and it did indeed start zooming up, so I turned the engine off and it began to descend and at what I thought was a safe distance above the ground I turned the engine back on and it soft-landed and was essentially controllable, but only just so, after that. I hit something that bounced it up and it started the same climb, I turned engine off and on again and it worked again.

Definately buggy in terms of operation right now.

'Gimp
I guess I was too high when I cut the engine, because it would not come back down. As a matter of fact, when I did finally cut the engine, it dismounted me and I was "walking in space". Not floating, walking around on a flat surface of space, was kinda cool, but I figured it JUST might be FUBAR'd, so I exited out.

Forgot your password?