Hello fellow neckbeard enthusiasts

Rough around the pledges

Space Marshal
Apr 13, 2014
RSI Handle
RATP
Hi I'm Jeremy; IGN: Rough around the pledges,

I'm 18 living in Seattle, Washington with my two parents and younger brother. I'm going to The University of Utah later this year to pursue a degree in computer science with a software engineering emphasis in video game programming. Growing up my family was very athletic. To this day I've swum competitively on a plethora of year round swim clubs and swam for my high school at the 2013 district state championship. This and my volunteer hours as a camp counselor helped me land my current job as a lifeguard and water safety instructor. I've kept this job for two years now and it has significantly improved my leadership skills and how I've grown as a person.

Video games are part of who I am. Many of the long-term relationships I have today are from experiences I've shared with others through games like Pokemon, SSBM, and Call of Duty. I still keep in touch with the kids I hung out and traded Pokemon with on my elementary school chess team. From this and many other experiences I've realized that the games I enjoy most are the ones that connect you with others in interesting ways; MMOs have grown to be one my favorite types of game. Ever since I played Runescape in 2006 I've been a member of countless online organizations, team speak channels, raid calls, ect. I've fought in WvW on Guildwars, in my line class ship on Battlestar Galactica Online, for control of the Crown on Planetside 2, and for my Hulks life in EvE Online.

Star Citizen is a chance for my dreams to be realized. For a Sci-fi world as big and complex as EvE Online to be as immersive and engaging as the Mass Effect or Fallout series with the Multiplayer, Co-op, and other modes of play Gamers come to expect from a AAA title.

What I most look forward to in Star Citizen is how the game executes exploration and the feeling of discovery; visiting a place for the first time, claiming something as your own, and sharing it with others. These are the things I look forward to and hope Cloud Imperium Games achieves in a way never previously imagined.

Hope to see you all at release.

P.S. Picard.

Last edited:

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
Hi Welcome mr Rough.

Most passionate post I've seen so far :)

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

I tried swimming as a freshman in high school because the coach said I looked like I would be great. After about 4 practices, my legs cramped up so much that I needed crutches. Coach wondered why I wasn't at the following practice. Needless to say that I didn't continue after that. :P Much respect for the guys that can do it.

Forgot your password?