Jernik

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Jernik
Where you from stranger?
Indiana, USA

What drew you to Star Citizen?
I've always loved space sims, especially FreeLancer, so Star Citizen is basically the game Ive been waiting for all of my life.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Honestly, I'm not really sure what I want from this game yet, I'll probably try a lot of stuff out before I settle down on one path.

What was the first game you remember playing?
This would have to be either Star Wars Racer or Star Wars Jedi Academy. I didn't play these as much as I watched my dad play them, but I still played them some.

What other games do you play?
I play a lot of League of Legends, and my Steam backlog is way too big (I have a problem)

Picard or Kirk?
Pirk. For sure.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

Hooray! More Hoosiers! Which part are you from?

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Welcome! My Steam backlog is terribly large as well - glad to hear I'm not alone!

Tboneman

Rear Admiral
Feb 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Tboneman
Ooo, Rose Hulman? I knew some folks who went there for college. You gotta be pretty smart in sciences to go there. In that case, you're going to be the guy in charge of figuring out just how to crash our Auroras into stuff in the most efficient way possible!

Reactions: Tyronne

Jernik

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Jernik
Ooo, Rose Hulman? I knew some folks who went there for college. You gotta be pretty smart in sciences to go there. In that case, you're going to be the guy in charge of figuring out just how to crash our Auroras into stuff in the most efficient way possible!
Yeah, its a lot of work, but I'll be sure to put some time into computing the strike vectors for all of our flux capaciting inverse square loops.

He has found the secret option! Bring out the jackpot!!

/proceeds to dump Jernik under several tons of finest quality German beer...
I think drowning in all of that would be the best way to go.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Rose Hulman (in Terre Haute)
Ahh my buddy's brother goes there. Expensive as all hell and very selective. Good on you for making it!

Reactions: Jernik

Jernik

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Jernik

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Jedi Academy is incredible. You sir, have good taste! Welcome aboard!
Agreed, Jedi Academy is definitely why I almost failed some final exams. I got our whole hall hooked, and we'd come back from dinner and about 8-10 of us on the hall would all play on a LAN server, rotating gametypes/maps.

We really enjoyed ForceMod 3, which added all sorts of classes/races/special abilities/upgraded force powers. I nostalgia all over the place for Jedi Academy.

The single player was also enormously entertaining, having to spare one of the most annoying characters in the game was one of the toughest light side decisions I've ever had to make.

This seems about accurate:
"Rosh Penin was a god damn fucking annoying asswipe young hippie who learn the ways of the Force from God himself despite the fact he was not the slightest bit competent. Like all great hippies, Rosh eventually fell to the dark side, since he thought it would get himself some more friends, and took up the title of Darth Dumbass."

And that fucking sandworm level.

I also spend an extraordinary amount of time messing with NPCs and making massive NPC fights. Like sandworms vs. rancors.
There was a really good custom NPC creator for Academy. I remember making an R2D2 that had level 3 force lightning, and level 3 saber throw. I called him 13372d2.

Reactions: Tyronne

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777

I also spend an extraordinary amount of time messing with NPCs and making massive NPC fights. Like sandworms vs. rancors.
There was a really good custom NPC creator for Academy. I remember making an R2D2 that had level 3 force lightning, and level 3 saber throw. I called him 13372d2.
I hate you for reminding me about the sandworm level, but also love you for reminding me about the gratuitous NPC spawning you could edit in. So conflicted.

Reactions: Walex

Jernik

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Jernik
Agreed, Jedi Academy is definitely why I almost failed some final exams. I got our whole hall hooked, and we'd come back from dinner and about 8-10 of us on the hall would all play on a LAN server, rotating gametypes/maps.

We really enjoyed ForceMod 3, which added all sorts of classes/races/special abilities/upgraded force powers. I nostalgia all over the place for Jedi Academy.

The single player was also enormously entertaining, having to spare one of the most annoying characters in the game was one of the toughest light side decisions I've ever had to make.

This seems about accurate:
"Rosh Penin was a god damn fucking annoying asswipe young hippie who learn the ways of the Force from God himself despite the fact he was not the slightest bit competent. Like all great hippies, Rosh eventually fell to the dark side, since he thought it would get himself some more friends, and took up the title of Darth Dumbass."

Sadly, I never got a chance to play the multiplayer, other than just messing around with the AI. I was also too young to try out the modding, but I should go back and play that again... I wonder how much it is on steam...

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
It was fun, but I didn't really understand modding at the time and got pwned by levitating jawas.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Sadly, I never got a chance to play the multiplayer, other than just messing around with the AI. I was also too young to try out the modding, but I should go back and play that again... I wonder how much it is on steam...
I'm going to guess 10 bucks? I think it usually gets a 75% off day each of the holiday sales (usually with all other LucasArts games). The NPC tool (which I think I got from jk3 filefront) was the by far the best thing for making massive NPC battles and creating custom NPCs (for single-player). Filefront in general had amazing skins (for characters and sabers) and lots of total conversion single players. Movie Duels (2) was probably my favorite, pitting you in a lot of fights from the movies. They even had you slaughter younglings, IIRC.

It was fun, but I didn't really understand modding at the time and got pwned by levitating jawas.

In multiplayer yeah, Jawa skins were really annoying. Like picking Oddjob in GoldenEye. I enjoyed them in single player though. Take Force Drain as your first selected forcepower, then chase down every last Jawa and suck them dry like a vampire!

Reactions: o-BHG-o

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Yep academy was a funny game but the campaign was to short :'(

I used the mod with the ff7 weapons oh it was so nice to hold my sword in hands :)
There were a few custom content single player campaigns that were fun, but yes, I'll agree, once I beat the game once dark, once light, I found myself just going back to my favorite stages at certain save points. I think I spent 85% of my singleplayer time just making huge NPC fights in t2_trip. The addition of sandworms and mutant Rancors made that level a lot more challenging, haha! And crashing the game when a sandworm tried to eat a mutant rancor was an interesting day.

The custom weapons was definitely an awesome addition. Cleaving people apart with the buster sword felt so awesome. Did it replace the sith sword model that Tavion used or just replace the standard lightsaber? I can't remember, haha!

http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Buster_Sword_FF7;58032
http://jediknight3.filefront.com/file/Advent_Children_Buster_Sword_Replacement_Mod;61150

If anyone is interested ;P

Forgot your password?