Hello Test bros!

ApolloFett

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2015
RSI Handle
ApolloFett
Just joined up and wanted to introduce myself, Apollo Fett here! I got the name by mashing up two of my favorite sci fi characters Captain Apollo from Battlestar and of course the venerable Boba Fett. Born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, I am 32, have loved gaming all my life and I have been on the Star Citizen hype train for just over a year. I am also going to be a dad in July! So I am pretty excited about all the things coming in the next year with my life and SC :)

I am currently at a Vice Admiral level pledge with an Alpha package containing an M50, a Xi'an Scout LTI, Herald LTI and a Delta. The rest of my pledge is 2 shirts, hoodie, first fleet dog tag and of course towel! I probably won't be pledging for anything new any time soon as our currency is in a sad state and any ships I get will have a 25% markup on them, which really sucks :(

My setup includes; i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz, 16GB ram, GTX 670FTW (planning to upgrade the gpu closer to launch or maybe at the end of the year, this card is barely enough to play AC right now) and an SSD. For controls I have an X55, T16000m for left hand strafing, a G27 wheel which I use the pedals for decoupled strafe forward and back control. It's a been a bit of a chore to set it all up correctly and historically gets messed up somehow with each major patch. I think things are finally at the point where it won't break anymore hopefully, which would be nice because it really is fun to play with this set up. I also have the new Logitech G910 keyboard, it's beautiful, and a G502 mouse, love em both. I also have a DK2 which I mainly bought last year because at the time SC had support for DK1. Of course by the time I got it that support was gone :( So I have been patiently waiting for it to get added back, hopefully soon! Of course, it wasn't a waste because I have got much use out of it with Elite and some other cool games and demos though :)

I am pretty frequently on Reddit, mainly on SC and Elite subs, I've been intending to join up with TEST for a while but just never got around to it until now. With 1.1 I am getting back into the game now, I just got my controls sorted out and played a great match of VS co-op it was a blast! I happened to do fairly well in the match as well, despite suffering a couple of cheap ramming deaths! So I am here to find some cool new friends to get into matches with and looking forward to the FPS coming soon too!

Anyway enough about me, I am looking forward to meeting you guys and getting some games going!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Welcome to TEST! That sounds like a really eclectic input setup, post some pictures and show of your rig!

Reactions: ApolloFett

ApolloFett

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2015
RSI Handle
ApolloFett
Welcome to TEST! That sounds like a really eclectic input setup, post some pictures and show of your rig!
I definitely will be taking some pics to post in the near future as I will be dismantling my war room to make way for the new family addition soon. I am a little bit sad as I really like the set up now but I am more than happy to give up the room for my son of course! Besides I will be making an even more glorious battlestation in the basement! I am planning on building a custom PVC sim rig something like one of these http://tinyurl.com/nzbup83 (link is to google image search with absurdly long url). Of course with more focus toward the flight sticks and I will customize it more, I will most certainly play some racers on it too though, Project CARS is coming soon!

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Welcome to Test Squadron!

Your PC is nearly the same specs as mine and I too plan on upgrading prior to the launch of SC... I'm waiting to see what the recommended system specs for Star Citizen will be before I upgrade. Also in the next year newer GPU's, bigger and faster SSD's and the rumored SC HOTAS are things to consider.

Reactions: ApolloFett

ApolloFett

Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2015
RSI Handle
ApolloFett
Welcome to Test Squadron!

Your PC is nearly the same specs as mine and I too plan on upgrading prior to the launch of SC... I'm waiting to see what the recommended system specs for Star Citizen will be before I upgrade. Also in the next year newer GPU's, bigger and faster SSD's and the rumored SC HOTAS are things to consider.
It's served me well so far! The 670 has got to be from 2012 I think, being the FTW model it is a lot closer to the 680 in performance and I think I got a golden sample because it overclocks like a champ and runs everything I throw at it with out issue. It is only starting to show it's age with a few games from the last 6 months or so, SC is really the only game that gives it a run for it's money. I have to put it on low to get decent framerate. I will be waiting on at least a 980ti or something similar, in all likely hood I will hold out until 2016 cards though, they will be worth the wait I think. Plus with DX12 coming PC performance is going to make a huge leap next year :) Have you seen the news about the breakthrough they made with 3d memory? Expecting it to deliver up to 10TB SSD's!

Reactions: Lead Poisoning

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Have you seen the news about the breakthrough they made with 3d memory? Expecting it to deliver up to 10TB SSD's!
Somebody here on the forums actually posted a link to an article about the new memory technology coming out for SSD's. Will finally be able to get away from mechanical hard drives for good.

Vicereine

Lieutenant
Feb 11, 2015
RSI Handle
Vicereine
If you see me parked on an asteroid, I'm not parked. I have achieved the ultimate in TEST goals: stranding myself in an asteroid field due to inebriation, ineptitude, or a combination of the two.

Reactions: Lead Poisoning
Forgot your password?