Captain
Nov 29, 2013
RSI Handle
mithikx
Nice to meet all of you! :D

Where you from stranger?

I'm from San Francisco, CA.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
CR's pitch really drew me in, his points were concise and his views reflected my own in regards to PC games. Also I really like Sci-Fi and space ships (who doesn't).

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
I look forward to being free from objectives, gear grinds, linear progression that came with MMOs which I've gotten tired of. I plan to do a bit of everything but namely I look forward to not being constrained to do any one task or being forced to work towards one goal in order to progress.

What was the first game you remember playing?
Arkanoid for the NES.

What other games do you play?
I'm not really playing anything right now, probably going to pick up Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for the 3DS once I get the time.

I used to play FPSs, and MMOs; quit playing FPS around 2010 after BF BC2 came out and played WoW from TBC to MoP mostly progression raiding with a bit of BGs on the side but quit just shy of 2 months after clearing the first MoP raid on regular also played a few other MMOs like L2 and RO. Recently quit GW2 due to a lack of good content at ascended everything and Fractal level 30.

Picard or Kirk?
Sisko; In the Pale Moonlight has to be one of the best episodes of Star Trek ever.

I love all things sci-fi and space related like BSG, Star Gate, Star Trek, Doctor Who (if that counts as sci-fi), I also watch a lot of anime with GITS probably being my favorite series of all time. I also like cars, WWII history; particularly the naval battles of the Pacific Ocean theatre of World War II, history in general and the history of firearms.

My favorite genre of games has to be RPGs though I am getting tired of fantasy and at this point I'm drooling for anything in a (somewhat) modern setting or anything cyberpunk.

Think that covers about everything :)

Reactions: tv34291

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Welcome, mithikx. I'm taking a break from GW2, myself, as I've found the Living Story content to be more tedious than not, and it interferes with my own plans for how to play the game. For the moment, I'm thoroughly sucked in to the Enemy Within expansion of X-Com.

For cyberpunk RPGs, did you check out Shadowrun Returns?

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome to TEST Squadron! Have fun blowing up forums!

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Welcome aboard! I share your sentiments about MMOs and grinding and shit. I was a hardcore raider in WoW for several years, and holy shit never again.

Forgot your password?