HELLO

Jan 31, 2014
RSI Handle
MadamePsychosis
HI test

Joined on RSI and reddit already, just getting around to posting here now.

Super psyched to have finally gotten a ship - it's a cutlass. Been drooling over SC for a while now. I have pretty much put video games on hold for a while; SC will be my big self-indulgent thing once it goes live though. My favorite games of all time are definitely the Mass Effect games. The main thing that draws me to SC is the setting. Just looks so frigging cool.

I'm from LA, but I live in Cambridge. I'm a student. The first game I remember playing obsessing over is probably Age of Empires. P'KARD for sure, but to be honest I have not seen very much of TOS.

ROLL TEST

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
Good to see you made it over, Psychosis.

I worked in London for a month over a decade ago and used to enjoy my day trips on the weekend on a train out to various places, reading Harry Potter for the first time in the quintessential English spring. Magical times. I very clearly recollect wandering around Cambridge town and campus and wishing I'd gone that route in my University days. Good on ya!

Looking forward to blowing my ship up alongside you.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Jan 31, 2014
RSI Handle
MadamePsychosis
Good to see you made it over, Psychosis.

I worked in London
I very clearly recollect wandering around Cambridge town and campus and wishing I'd gone that route in my University days. Good on ya!
O oops forgot to specify, Cambridge, Massachusetts, not the UK one!!

I hijack cutlass's. We should be enemies.
But... but... I thought... but... corpsmates :(

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I like nonsequitors and wordplay.

I've spent more time in Cambridge, MA, than in Cambridge, UK, but must confess a greater fondness for the latter.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
ROGAN ? WOLOLOO !

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I like nonsequitors and wordplay.

I've spent more time in Cambridge, MA, than in Cambridge, UK, but must confess a greater fondness for the latter.
That's really neat? Related to school or a job?

I hijack cutlass's. We should be enemies.
Boarding ships is going to be so much fun! Which ships do you have so far?

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
That's really neat? Related to school or a job?
I was a professional performance dancer for over a decade, and part of my education/training was attending the dance intensive at Harvard Summer School on scholarship for two summers. I went to college in Western Massachusetts, so it was nearby-ish. I also spent a third summer there living in the family home of a collaborator in the theater department at our school co-writing a rock opera. So Cambridge, MA is a known entity for me, though not like I went to school there throughout the year.

I was in Cambridge, UK, over ten years later because the tech company I worked for sent me to the London office to conduct a monthlong training of new workers. It was one of the best times of my life, in no small part because I had a dream job that was even more dreamily sending me overseas on an all-expenses paid trip. I used my per diem money to fly my girlfriend out for a week and bought her tickets to attend West End plays while I worked during the day.

The weekends were my exploration time, and I'd get on a train and go somewhere, reading Harry Potter as the most gorgeous spring rushed by my window. Cambridge, UK, was an amazing place if you've an appreciation for old universities and the societies that spring up around them.

Boarding ships is going to be so much fun! Which ships do you have so far?
Veteran backer at physical Colonel level gave me a Hornet, but I was pining for an exploration ship as well. When the Hornet variants appeared, I couldn't stop myself from springing for the Super Hornet, and then I bought a 300i game package for the lovely lovely ship and the extra PC. I was trying to get things above a certain pricepoint so I could take advantage of the 6 month terms on Bill Me Later, and I like the idea of either having an account NPC in the gunner's seat of my Super Hornet, or of having a second character who works for my primary character and does his exploration and trading.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
WELCOME TO TEST <3

I was a professional performance dancer for over a decade, and part of my education/training was attending the dance intensive at Harvard Summer School on scholarship for two summers. I went to college in Western Massachusetts, so it was nearby-ish. I also spent a third summer there living in the family home of a collaborator in the theater department at our school co-writing a rock opera. So Cambridge, MA is a known entity for me, though not like I went to school there throughout the year.

I was in Cambridge, UK, over ten years later because the tech company I worked for sent me to the London office to conduct a monthlong training of new workers. It was one of the best times of my life, in no small part because I had a dream job that was even more dreamily sending me overseas on an all-expenses paid trip. I used my per diem money to fly my girlfriend out for a week and bought her tickets to attend West End plays while I worked during the day.

The weekends were my exploration time, and I'd get on a train and go somewhere, reading Harry Potter as the most gorgeous spring rushed by my window. Cambridge, UK, was an amazing place if you've an appreciation for old universities and the societies that spring up around them.

Veteran backer at physical Colonel level gave me a Hornet, but I was pining for an exploration ship as well. When the Hornet variants appeared, I couldn't stop myself from springing for the Super Hornet, and then I bought a 300i game package for the lovely lovely ship and the extra PC. I was trying to get things above a certain pricepoint so I could take advantage of the 6 month terms on Bill Me Later, and I like the idea of either having an account NPC in the gunner's seat of my Super Hornet, or of having a second character who works for my primary character and does his exploration and trading.
Wow wall of text! Much respect :D

Reactions: Walex
Forgot your password?