[HELP] P5G Gladius Loadout

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/Macaque
The P5G Gladius comes with x2 CF-007 Bulldog on the wings and x1 gimbled Scorpion GT-215 Gatling on the nose.

I am interested in replacing the Bulldog's with M3A's, or M4A's. Thoughts?

I am also interested in replacing the Scorpion with a SW16BR2 Sawbuck. Thoughts?

I know the gimble allows the mounted weapon to pivot, but is this relevant for the Gladius?

I also like the idea of turning my Gladius into a miniature Vanguard. I would consider using M3A's, or M4A's on the wings, and I would either keep the gimbled Scorpion or swap it with something else. Thoughts?

Thank you for your time and opinions. Please elaborate responses.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Forget the sawbuck.... theyre crap and the Scorpion is excellent.
if you want single shot firepower on the wing guns you can use sledge II's (but they will probably be nerfed soon) but the standard loadout allows pretty good killpower

Reactions: Macaque

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I suggest 2x Badgers on the wings, and a Sledge on the nose. use the Badgers to splash enemies, and when their shields are critical, pump a 60mm slug into them.

Also, rent an Avenger or Gladiator, and pull the 2x missile racks from them and put them on your Gladius. Boom, 8x missile hardpoints, Size 2.

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
I suggest 2x Badgers on the wings, and a Sledge on the nose. use the Badgers to splash enemies, and when their shields are critical, pump a 60mm slug into them.

Also, rent an Avenger or Gladiator, and pull the 2x missile racks from them and put them on your Gladius. Boom, 8x missile hardpoints, Size 2.
As Ninja suggested, I'm staying away from the Sledge, because I'm willing to bet it'll get gimped, and I like the Scorpion more.

What is you opinion on keeping the gimble? I imagine using the lasers to take down shields and the gimbled gatling gun to accurately rattle the cockpit with holes could be an effective tactic.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
As Ninja suggested, I'm staying away from the Sledge, because I'm willing to bet it'll get gimped, and I like the Scorpion more.

What is you opinion on keeping the gimble? I imagine using the lasers to take down shields and the gimbled gatling gun to accurately rattle the cockpit with holes could be an effective tactic.
The Sledges have been nerfed in the PTU; rate of fire has been halved, and overheat/power consumption has been doubled. The damage per-shot is still the same, so it's an ideal sniper's weapon if you're an amazingly accurate shot.

Reactions: Macaque

Macaque

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2015
RSI Handle
The Sledges have been nerfed in the PTU; rate of fire has been halved, and overheat/power consumption has been doubled. The damage per-shot is still the same, so it's an ideal sniper's weapon if you're an amazingly accurate shot.
This is good to know. I plan on keeping the nose as some sort of ballistic weapon; preferably one with a high alpha damage, which the Sledge would be ideal.

Forgot your password?