Help upgrading ships

ACrzyRussian

Captain
Donor
Jan 30, 2016
RSI Handle
ACrzyRussian
I dont know if this belongs in General, if not feel free to move it.

Anyways heres the (long, convoluted) story. I have an Avenger Titan (with my game package) and a Reliant Kore (LTI). I really want a Freelancer MAX and decided to upgrade one of my ships to it, but I cant choose which one. I dont think ill be doing a lot of dogfighting in the verse, so the offensive capabilities of the Avenger are give or take, and I plan on upgrading to a Sen model to do some exploring once they unlock it again.

Just wondering your opinion on whether you think the LTI will better serve me on a Reliant Sen or on the Freelancer.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Generally the LTI would be better on larger ships even though it doesn't confer any additional protection or advantage over normal insurance. But the fact it is there is a comfort and something less to worry about. I feel stupid for saying this because it doesn't help you at all but the decision really is up to you. Personally I would make sure the Freelancer MAX is LTI because it is the larger ship and with larger and larger ships the insurance will be more of an expense.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
They've stated time and again that LTI is not a big deal. Insurance will be a minor cost and not impact play much other than having to remember it's expiring soon. Although they've said there will be a notification, so flying off with no insurance is really the fault of the player for not reading any messages before beginning play.

That said. If you want to save your LTI, then I would put it on the biggest ship. Because I would assume it would cost more on a bigger ship even though it shouldn't cost much. So probably put it on the Freelancer MAX.

As for which ship to upgrade into what...you'll have to figure that out yourself. But remember, even though you're not dogfighting, people may be more hesitant to attack an Avenger over a Reliant.

PhosphorusForFun

Space Marshal
Mar 14, 2015
RSI Handle
PhosphorusForFun
Also, Reliant variants are more likely to have another sale with 1-3 year insurance. I would keep the avenger since you probably want to have a package come 2/13/16.

Maxgerber5250

Grand Admiral
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt-Spicer
LTI is not a big deal. Insurance will be a minor cost and not impact play. Yeah ok till you lose your ship every day. if insurance is anything like it was in eve, every time you lose your ship you have to buy new insurance on that new ship, so if you can keep your ship for the full term than ok I can see that point, but if your a bullet magnet I would go for the LTI.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
but if your a bullet magnet I would go for the LTI.
They have said that if you abuse the system or die so often then you can become uninsurable. Even to the point of losing your LTI.

ACrzyRussian

Captain
Donor
Jan 30, 2016
RSI Handle
ACrzyRussian
LTI is not a big deal. Insurance will be a minor cost and not impact play. Yeah ok till you lose your ship every day. if insurance is anything like it was in eve, every time you lose your ship you have to buy new insurance on that new ship, so if you can keep your ship for the full term than ok I can see that point, but if your a bullet magnet I would go for the LTI.

I mean, I dont plan on dying a lot. But as Sunder said Its probably more worth it to get it on a bigger ship. So I went for that.

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Yeah ok till you lose your ship every day. if insurance is anything like it was in eve, every time you lose your ship you have to buy new insurance on that new ship
I'm pretty sure insurance will last til term. You won't have to rebut on the replacement ships.

BeerMonster

Commander
Dec 2, 2015
RSI Handle
BeerMonster
The Avenger is a pretty decent dogfighter. Its quick, agile and gives plenty of bang for the buck.

I consistently beat Hornets, lancers and connies in the PU. If you get in trouble you can outrun practically everything with a 1500ms cruise speed.

Its also has decent cargo capacity for a fighter, so it has lots of versatility.

You can also add in the different modules ingame, so you can change it for bounty hunting or EWAR if you fancy a change of pace.

I plan to mostly use my Avenger Titan for Pirating and smuggling contraband from Nyx, Pyro and Terra by taking advantage of the small jump point.

The fact it's a "Bounty Hunter" ship means most people won't suspect your doing shady bussiness :D

I dont know much about the Reliant yet so I cant comment on it. But I'm a huge fan of the Avenger due to its versatility.

Forgot your password?