DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Hi,
I'm trying to do something which turned out to be pretty difficult.. I'm a super novice when it comes to PHP.
But what I'm trying to do is in my theme's functions.php, which may not be the best way to go about this.
I'm trying to take this

Code:
do_shortcode( '[vc_row height="auto" width="full" us_bg_slider="login"][vc_column]STOPCUT[/vc_column][/vc_row]' );
Get the output back in the PHP in terms of a left and right halves around "STOPCUT".
And change the output of wp-login body div so those left and right halves wrap around the wp-login form.

The current wp-login form output looks like this
Code:
<body class="login login-action-login wp-core-ui  locale-en-us rhcss-spl_login_body_class">
        <div id="login">
        <h1><a href="link" title="Star Citizens Club" tabindex="-1">Star Citizens Club</a></h1>

<form name="loginform" id="loginform" action="link" method="post">
FORM STUFF
</form>

<p id="nav">logout link</p>

<script type="text/javascript">
function wp_attempt_focus(){
setTimeout( function(){ try{
d = document.getElementById('user_login');
d.focus();
d.select();
} catch(e){}
}, 200);
}

wp_attempt_focus();
if(typeof wpOnload=='function')wpOnload();
</script>

<p id="backtoblog"><a href="https://starcitizens.club/editing/">← Back to Star Citizens Club</a></p>

</div>

<div class="spl-background-container spl-bg-layer1">
    <div class="spl-background  spl-bg-layer2">
        <div class="spl-background  spl-bg-layer3">

</div>
    </div>
</div>
<script>document.getElementById('rememberme').checked = true;</script>    <div class="clear"></div>

<div style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2) 2px 2px 3px; position: absolute; transition: visibility 0s linear 0.3s, opacity 0.3s linear 0s; opacity: 0; visibility: hidden; z-index: 2000000000; left: 0px; top: -10000px;"><div style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: fixed; top: 0px; left: 0px; z-index: 2000000000; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); opacity: 0.05;"></div><div style="border: 11px solid transparent; width: 0px; height: 0px; position: absolute; pointer-events: none; margin-top: -11px; z-index: 2000000000;" class="g-recaptcha-bubble-arrow"></div><div style="border: 10px solid transparent; width: 0px; height: 0px; position: absolute; pointer-events: none; margin-top: -10px; z-index: 2000000000;" class="g-recaptcha-bubble-arrow"></div><div style="z-index: 2000000000; position: relative;"><iframe title="recaptcha challenge" src="https://www.google.com/recaptcha/api2/bframe?hl=en&amp;v=v1545073489967&amp;k=6LeEyn0UAAAAAAQ4xFcj-N-NMohlAdYTQF7wwMVy&amp;cb=g8xe6qu2qwr1" style="width: 100%; height: 100%;" name="c-ogevuwesl1j7" scrolling="no" sandbox="allow-forms allow-popups allow-same-origin allow-scripts allow-top-navigation allow-modals allow-popups-to-escape-sandbox" frameborder="0"></iframe>
</div></div></body>
I removed the form HTML to save some space and since the actual form doesn't matter much here.

So the shortcode is WP Bakery page builder with a Slider Revolution in the background.

The idea is to have a responsive body with a slider background with the login form in the foreground.

The other option is to use an actual page for the login but the plugin to do that doesn't natively get rid of the wp-login.php access itself and I already have rewrite rules and login attempt limits set with my current plugin.. I just need to style it now but it's proven to be a lot more complicated... I just wanted my Revolution Slider to be the body background for the login form page body with some responsiveness.

Any help or advice would be appreciated... I'm gonna go have a drink.

@SeungRyul would you have any advice on how to accomplish this?

Edit:
I got a work around. Nothing to see here

Hey so, just got a couple minor issues left,
one is kinda weird in that it's an undeclared CSS styling thing.. might be from the JS but want to see if a way to change the highlight behavior.
It's Google Custom Search

Anyone styled their Custom Google Search before and is familiar with this weird background highlight thing? (background going all white with mouse roll over / highlight / active)
It's not declared in CSS class gsc-expansionArea which is the container that this mouse over highlight is showing up in.

Last edited:

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
So I'm trying to get this
https://codepen.io/david-ae-levy/pen/EGprgm
(it's pretty)
Which renders a Canvas element off of a DIV ID

Around or just inside the Google Custom Search rendered DIV ID ___gcse_0

What happens is the Canvas animation is pushed down below the Google Search Results rendered DIV...
and I still have that weird active turn whole background white issue when mouse over.. which I'm not finding a CSS style for when searching the source view.

Any ideas?

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
If it’s the same div as the search results then you’re going to need to style the canvas(or a container element for the canvas) so it positioned in the background and overlaps with the search results. You probably will want a wrapper element around the search results div and canvas and style it that way.

Reactions: DirectorGunner

DirectorGunner

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Sep 17, 2016
RSI Handle
DirectorGunner
Thank you, I'll give it a try, got one last thing to do
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54121696/how-to-change-google-custom-search-autocomplete-suggestions-popup-positioning
Then if pushing to static is successful, I can open up the website to more screenshots takers and SC art makers.

This looks complicated!
lol so much of this has been complicated (to me), I just know wordpress well in terms of setting it up and basic html/css, not custom coding js/php or what not.
So for me, trying to do so much stuff has been an eye opener.

Reactions: SpudNyk
Forgot your password?