Hercules Starlifter Cargo door dimensions

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Okey, so, we didn't get to see the hercules in the expo hall, but! And that is a "but" followed by an exclamation mark, so you know it's a major sort of "but!"
Whitley's guide had a scene where the cargo bay was open, and a friendly measuring stick was standing near the door. So:

HerculesStarlifterCargoRampHeightAndWidth.png

Now, it's not perfect, the angle is a bit off, but I think it gives a pretty good approximation.
The cargo door is roughly 7 measuring sticks wide and 4 + 1 high.
Assuming our friendly measuring stick is roughly regular sized measuring stick, that's 1.8m, we have roughly 12.5m X (7.2 + 1.8) m hole to stick them big spaceships in.
Now, maybe it's particularly short measuring stick, 1.7m, it's still 11.9m x (6.8 + 1.7)m

This means you *might* be able to put something as large as an avenger stalker in, at an angle, or something like a Herald just barely.
Something smaller, like an Aurora, will fit nicely though.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
I am getting thirsty for this ship, that's for sure. All 3 of them actually. I don't want to use them for flying ships around, but cargo, supplies and ground vehicles, and in the case of the A2, a lot of uh, persuasion.
Yeah, I'd *mostly* be hauling around cargo as well, though sometimes being able to load few smaller ships and moving your operation to another system might be rather nice. It'd be great to be able to load up a reliant, it's 14.5x26.5x4m though, might be able to do sideways and at an angle, depends on whether the cargo bay proper is only as wide as the door.

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Yeah, I'd *mostly* be hauling around cargo as well, though sometimes being able to load few smaller ships and moving your operation to another system might be rather nice. It'd be great to be able to load up a reliant, it's 14.5x26.5x4m though, might be able to do sideways and at an angle, depends on whether the cargo bay proper is only as wide as the door.
Hm that's a good idea, I didn't think of that.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I am getting thirsty for this ship, that's for sure. All 3 of them actually. I don't want to use them for flying ships around, but cargo, supplies and ground vehicles, and in the case of the A2, a lot of uh, persuasion.
Oh man the beat you could lay down with that ship. The pyrotechnics and a sound you could feel with your whole body.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I measured it accurately with the most accurate measuring system on earth.

ITS FEKIN HOOOOJJJJJJJJJJ

Reactions: Bambooza and Sayora

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
Thing can fit a Tonk! That's all I care about. Just one Tonk though, cause I need the rest of the cargo in the A2 for...reasons.

Forgot your password?