HEY: check it out, my joystick works in AC now

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
what do you know. i was going to try and find a new one today but was discouraged and so i just tried this old USB Saitek, uh, cyborg 3d gold from 15 years ago. i was using a 360 controller, but i like this old joystick kind of a lot.
sucks not having head look though to gimble my guns, so i'm going to try flying with the stick left-handed and using the 360 controller in my right hand to get head-look, afterburners and targeting.
i won't have easy access to things like g-safe and comstab and decouple. or a throttle...

if that totally fails then i'll plug in my g-13 and see if i can get head look on the thumbstick
that'll at least give me a ton of buttons to bind

Lonestar the Kilrathi

Rear Admiral
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Lonestar the Kilrathi
oh, that's cool. i've been looking into DIY joysticks and pedals. turns out it's not as impossible as i thought
i've got a DK2 coming in august, so using the 360 controller to aim is just temporary.
i actually quite like the control pad setup. except for a couple of rebind preferences it's a great way to play. it'll be cool to see it
in the next patch since a lot of people will put there strafing on the right thumbstick - but you totally lose the ability to aim,
so yeah
definitely a motion tracker would be cool

incidentally, flying with a joystick in the left hand and a 360 controller in the right hand is not an unviable way to play

http://www.twitch.tv/dallas13266/c/4974795

rtmoose

Captain
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
rtmoose
There is no viable alternative to a decent headtracking setup.

Anyone without one will be at a disadvantage.

Just like when the mouse came on the scene 30 years ago... This will be pretty much required tech for gaming

Reactions: WhooptyWoo
Forgot your password?