Hi folks.

nomad1721

Ensign
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Verrückt
Hey TESTers.

I'm Josh. Obviously, I'm new around here. I hail from Denver, CO. I guess what drew me in is my hope that SC will be "that" game. I've been watching ever since the kickstarter, but only just pledged in... January? Eh, whatever. Oh, and I have an Aurora LN. Anyway, I guess it's just the next evolutionary step for me. My younger brother got me playing EVE a few years ago, and it was ok. I would play for a few months and then stop and so on... EVE just never really did it for me. I wanted more flight control, more immersion, more "reality" and less skill points. <-- This is probably what makes me re-install X-Wing Alliance every other year or so, sometimes you just get that itch you need to scratch. In SC I really want to get in on bounty hunting, some smuggling, and probably some exploration and PvP from time to time.

Hmmm the first game I REMEMBER was pong that my dad programmed on his Commodore, but the first that I really played was Mario Bros. for the NES. The first PC game I ever played was MegaRace (Lance Boyle, you d*ck) since it came free on our bitchin' 1993 Packard Bell. The first game I ever bought with my own money was Star Wars: Tie Fighter, and after that I fell in love with the genre. I do remember playing "Super" Wing Commander on my cousins 3DO, and soon after I bought WCIII. Oh, anyone remember Terminal Velocity for DOS? So much fun. Ah, the memories. *cue The Little River Band* ..."Spending the hours reminiscing."

I play just about anything: Sins of a Solar Empire, Skyrim, BF4, Space Engineers, Stanley Parable, XWA, Diaspora, Borderlands, Assassins Creed, GRID, DiRT, Crysis, FTL, Starbound, Minecraft, Interstellar Marines, Tropico, Sim City 4, Mirrors Edge, ORION: Dino Horde, Tomb Raider, Mass Effect, Dishonored, currently downloading Watchdogs as I type this... is that enough?

Pickard.

Unless...we are talking... pure...entertainment. value. Then Kirk, or I guess I should say Shatner, Kirk still sucks as a captain.

steam: nomad1721
reddit: nomad1721
SC moniker: Verrückt

See y'all in the 'verse!

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz