Holy [Adjective] [Expletive]! ASUS, what the [A Different Expletive]!?

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
So, my PC has been running a tad poorly after some updates.
Today I got to the bottom of the matter, my RAM has maxed out without really a good reason as to why. Like 98% used out of the 32GB I have. And Task Manager is happy to tell me that processes only use like 3GB total, but 98% used anyhow.
So after looking for a quick and good alternative for more detailed RAM usage report, I checked with RAMMap what was really going on.

MemoryLeak1b.png

So, that page table is definitely bloated to high [The second expletive I already used in the title]. What's going on there?

MemoryLeak2b.png

ITERHPGen.exe seems like the culprit here. What's that? Is it a virus? Is someone mining bitcoin on my machine while I'm not looking?

NO!

I mean, you'd think that, but NO! It's part of something called... AsusFCNotification? Uhm. Okey. Slight concern, that's to do with my motherboard, I hope it's not anything terribly important that I can't disab... IT IS, AND I KID YOU NOT, A BLOODY [TITLE ADJECTIVE] FAST CHARGING NOTIFICATION! Really Asus? Was this fast charging notification service really so [hex invoking expletive] important that it needs to be spammed a million times, bloating the page table to comical sizes?

Well, luckily, as I have absolutely zero interest in being reminded that this motherboard can fast charge my phone, I can disable AsusFCNotification at startup and... yeah. Much, much better. My beast of a PC once again feels like a beast. Not some throttled down toaster from yesteryear.

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
"deity/holy person of choice" "expletive" "second name of deity/holy person of choice" !!!
That is insane!
Good on you finding out what it was, this might help out a couple of folks in the future as well!

Frankly I felt like the quality at ASUS was going down the drain in like the past 5-8 years, haven't bought anything from them since then. The price just wasn't right considering all the bad experiences my friends had with them. Seems like they haven't improved a bit.

Forgot your password?