HOTAS curves to increase accuracy

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth

I'm not sure what makes more of a difference, 20 hours shooting things with a hotas or 5 hours of tweaking your control then using it for 5 hours...

But clearly, these curves work, Anyone else use anything similair ?

I also use TrackIR 5 pro for aiming, on occasion, but I haven't gotten used to it yet. The curves becomes MUCH more important on the TRACK IR too. But my experience with the curves on TRACKIR helped me understand what I needed in my HOTAS

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
The default profiles they have for the HOTAS's in StarCitizen have no real curves, or have very little. What they need is a program that determines your curve based on trying to hit a target.

Actually that would be a good idea for the game... someone should mention it.

Devil Doge

Grand Admiral
Mar 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Double_Jinx
the x55 software gives you the ability to set your own curves, id imagine each company would have thier own utility for this

Captin_Chewie

Vice Admiral
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Captin_Chewie
Any recommendations on a good HOTAS for SC? Some of the streamers have mentioned using dual Thrustmaster T1600 for the cheap cost, and good features. Another streamer that I cannot remember mention that for SC we want gimballed HOTAS. Which I have no idea what that means. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
X52 basic is descent starter HOTAS

Buy it used if you can or refurbished.

There will probably be better sticks in the coming years.

Forgot your password?