HOTAS/HOSAS setup upgrade

Wintermute

Grand Admiral
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
I build me a HOSAS/HOTAS setup. It comes with two "rails" and I can "fold" it under my desk and hide it. No tools and no unpluging needed.

this was my old setup back in 2018: (link below test forum)

over a year ago i upgraded my setup but didnt found time to post it on the internet... but this weekend finaly... (after watching TheNoobiefier1337 on yt):

sc reddit link: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vlghp8 View: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/vlghp8/i_build_me_a_hosashotas_setup_it_comes_with_two/

1.jpg

top part of pic is with all rails out and ready. middle and bottom is folded in and rail in. also rudder is folded in.

2.jpg

rails out & in

right.jpg

right rail out. bottom part of pic is right rail in and joystick & mouspad+armrest & 2 streamdeckd is folded in. (no tools needed for folding)

left.jpg

left rail out. bottem part of pic is joystick & throttle & keyboard folded in but rail still out.

4.jpg

right rail plus usb hub. bottom part of pic is right joystick folded in.

3.jpg

top left part of pic is left rail out. top right part of pic is left rail in and folded. bottom part of pic is left rail out + left usb hub.

rudder.jpg

rudder + hack to not slide back when pushing the rudder pedals. i alredy bought an used safty belt from a car on ebay. will replacke this hack when i find the time.

cabelm.jpg

some cabel management...

DSC01384.JPG

pc

Last edited:

Wintermute

Grand Admiral
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
DSC01355.JPG

left rail out....

DSC01357.JPG

left rail in....

DSC01259.JPG

keybord rest out....

DSC01260.JPG

keyboard rest half in....

DSC01261.JPG

keyboard rest in.....

DSC01274.JPG

right joystick out and secured....

DSC01276.JPG

right joystick half folded in.....

DSC01277.JPG

right stick folded in and secured....

also my current hosas layout (but i'm two patches behind...):

Alpha My Setup 044.png

Last edited:

Wintermute

Grand Admiral
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
DSC01280.JPG

folding right mouse pad and arm rest....

DSC01282.JPG

removing the secure screw for the stremdecks... (thumbscrew)

DSC01283.JPG

folding in tthe holdinh hinge....

DSC01284.JPG

folding in the stremdecks....

DSC01285.JPG

the two thumbscrews for stremdeck and right joystick have a resting placke on the left side of the rail....

DSC01286.JPG

right rail folded in and in the half way inside...

DSC01287.JPG

right rail in the 'in' position....

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Wow excellent I need to get some decent pedals too I'm using sewing machine pedals :thump:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Wow, the folding of all this is clearly well done, and well thought. I'll need something like that someday !

@Wintermute is it something you built yourself from scratch or those rails can be found on the net, easy to assemble?

Last edited:

Wintermute

Grand Admiral
May 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Wintermute_e1
tank you guys!

@vahadar
It's from scratch. I use the black Item-profils (i - profil). You can find it on the internet. It is the same profil type monstertech is using. I started with the monstertech mounts and upgraded them like you see in my post a few years ago (link in first post of this thread). But you also can use the B - Profile (Bosch Profil). Lots of additional stuff like hinges and certain screws are compatible with each other.

Forgot your password?