How the hell do you fly this thing now? WTF?

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Think they all have you covered now, so let's do some beer now. :D

View attachment 12262
Yup, drink up!

Oh btw, finally made it to area 18, and after falling through the hangar floor, than the elevator, I found the bar!

But, they don't seem to be serving anything!

So my conclusion of 3.5 is that it's trash and CiG wasted all our time and money, just to ruin the game! I want my working bartenders back!

(In case someone didn't get it, I'm joking. ArcCorp is an amazing achievement and looks absolutely stunning on the surface, even if the bar doesn't work yet)

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Thing I don't understand is that if I let off the throttle [W], why does my ship stop and not keep moving like Newtonian rules say it should? Is it actually firing forward thrusters to make me stop or?
Newton's laws don't apply in Star Citizen. (Or that Hammerhead would out run and out maneuver your Aurora or even M50.)

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Newton's laws don't apply in Star Citizen. (Or that Hammerhead would out run and out maneuver your Aurora or even M50.)
Possibly, in the end it all comes down to thrust to weight ratio, and in fact the new flight model does take into account the weight and thrust values and thrust directions. They are also adjusting the ships to have different thrust values depending on the size of the thrusters which is giving the main engines far more thrust potential.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Possibly, in the end it all comes down to thrust to weight ratio, and in fact the new flight model does take into account the weight and thrust values and thrust directions. They are also adjusting the ships to have different thrust values depending on the size of the thrusters which is giving the main engines far more thrust potential.
Economy of Scale. ;)

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I was flying last weekend. I quite enjoyed it after I figured it out. Ran Vanduul swarm in a Cutty (dual stick) and beat it first try. Now in and of itself, that's nothing to write home about, but seeing as I was figuring out the flight model as I did it, I must say that I'm obviously awesome.

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
Thing I don't understand is that if I let off the throttle [W], why does my ship stop and not keep moving like Newtonian rules say it should? Is it actually firing forward thrusters to make me stop or?
Actually, if you let off the throttle in Coupled mode, you will note that your main forward thrusters are actually firing and you come to a stop. If you go DeCoupled mode, you will note that you do not stop, as the thrusters don't fire, and you continue forward.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Actually, if you let off the throttle in Coupled mode, you will note that your main forward thrusters are actually firing and you come to a stop. If you go DeCoupled mode, you will note that you do not stop, as the thrusters don't fire, and you continue forward.
Also, you'll find if you couple your hand with a beer, and accelerate towards your mouth, you may get drunk. If you decouple, and accelerate towards your mouth, you'll also get drunk .

Win win I say

Lorddarthvik

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 22, 2016
RSI Handle
Lorddarthvik
Ok yale you just messing up lol I'll be on tonight look for.me on discord
Thanks, but I'm fine for now!
It's been a while since my first try, and I grown to like it. It handles pretty well with mouse and keyboard for just trucking around, and I got used to using cruise control with joystick.
My only issue is that I'd like to scale my throttle so that pushing it to about half gives me roughly the scm-safe speed limit instead of 50% of maximum speed, so I can have finer control in that range. I bet there is an app for that, I just didn't have the time to Google it and set it up yet lol

Forgot your password?