Hype for the Gladius

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Oh yes, look at that sexy.

Who else plans on picking one up? Feel like it's worth it? Or do those shiny new Constellation variants hold your wallet in check?

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Im holding out for the Constellation.

This ship will be easily achievable in the game.

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
I must say... it looks realy good in my eyes.
But... i already have a Hornet Ghost that i can (re)equip when needed if i want to do some dogfighting.
And saving up a bit, for when the Starfarer will be on sale again :)

Btw ... can the front turret only turn up and down ? or also to the sides ?

Last edited:

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
I'm half tempted to turn in my freelancer and downgrade to one of these, would rather have the lancer as something to achieve in game.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
I'm half tempted to turn in my freelancer and downgrade to one of these, would rather have the lancer as something to achieve in game.
can i have your freelancer?

Reactions: Lienna

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I must say... it looks realy good in my eyes.
But... i already have a Hornet Ghost that i can (re)equip when needed if i want to do some dogfighting.
And saving up a bit, for when the Starfarer will be on sale again :)

Btw ... can the front turret only turn up and down ? or also to the sides ?
it will be fully moveable. you can see the small lines on the top that mark gimbals, but it wont be able to go behind you. Looks like it is strictly limited to what you can see, maybe a little less. Maybe something like a 70-75 degree fire arc

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
it will be fully moveable. you can see the small lines on the top that mark gimbals, but it wont be able to go behind you. Looks like it is strictly limited to what you can see, maybe a little less. Maybe something like a 70-75 degree fire arc
Hmmm... now i need to think about it a little bit more, i always loved turrets like that.(thinking of some attack helicopters like Apache and Cobra)
Still hoping on some kind of Bomber/Gunship like the B-17 (my favorite plane) so i can sit in the belly turret all day long :)

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Hmmm... now i need to think about it a little bit more, i always loved turrets like that.(thinking of some attack helicopters like Apache and Cobra)
Still hoping on some kind of Bomber/Gunship like the B-17 (my favorite plane) so i can sit in the belly turret all day long :)
You'll want either the gladiator or the retaliator. Know about the constellation? Add 15 meters, and a heck of a lot of width, and you've got a heavy, long range bomber known as the retaliator.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
also, the turret follows wherever your head looks. If you have something like Track IR, all you have to do is move your head while keeping your eyes on target, and the thing will manipulate with your head movements. Same as an apache.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
also, the turret follows wherever your head looks. If you have something like Track IR, all you have to do is move your head while keeping your eyes on target, and the thing will manipulate with your head movements. Same as an apache.
Once they implement the support for it. As of right now, I don't believe that its working as intended after listening on TS last night.

I agree with GG there, the Tali is just the right ship for you. I've got one that I'm going to fit to take down capital ships. So many turrets....

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
You'll want either the gladiator or the retaliator. Know about the constellation? Add 15 meters, and a heck of a lot of width, and you've got a heavy, long range bomber known as the retaliator.
I agree with GG there, the Tali is just the right ship for you. I've got one that I'm going to fit to take down capital ships. So many turrets....
Thanks for the tips... i have googled up the Tali and it looks realy sexy.
Now i have 2 ships on my "Wanna have" Bucket list :P

Reactions: JoeCool4433

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Thanks for the tips... i have googled up the Tali and it looks realy sexy.
Now i have 2 ships on my "Wanna have" Bucket list :p
as a plus, it also has a mammoth cargo bay if you take out the cap ship rotary missile magazines, as well as a jump drive! You can make a killing at trade, then, when you want to blow something BIG to shit, pop in those missile bays and you're ready for action!

I discovered this game during the time it was on sale. Sadly, couldn't get up enough cash to buy my own :'(

Lienna

Space Marshal
Feb 27, 2014
RSI Handle
Lienna
can i have your freelancer?
Only half tempted to swap as of yet...
But I'll gladly let you fly my lancer some day :-)
Any word on what time the sale will drop? Interested in seeing all the info they give out with it if nothing else. Plus iirc this is the first ship made in the uk? Gotta be patriotic!

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Only half tempted to swap as of yet...
But I'll gladly let you fly my lancer some day :)
Any word on what time the sale will drop? Interested in seeing all the info they give out with it if nothing else. Plus iirc this is the first ship made in the uk? Gotta be patriotic!
regarding the time, I bet it will happen in one hour. 10:00 pacific time is usually when they do that sort of thing.

Forgot your password?