I believe it is time to jump on the HYPE TRRRAAAAAAIIIINNNN

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Could always move to Kentucky. By 2018 every single home in the state will have fiber access. I should be getting fiber come next summer :D

thanatos73

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
thanatos1973
They need to bring some across the Continental Divide, like along the I-70 Corridor. Then I might get a respectable speed......

Tortilla the Hun

Grand Admiral
Jul 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Tortilla_the_Hun
I gotta say, Google Fiber would be a tough thing to move from. Like going from 2-ply to single-ply. And not even the good single-ply, I'm talking the side-of-the-road service station tissue. Which is really more like thinly cut construction paper than tissue. Makes it feel like you're using a fine grain sandpaper or being licked clean by a cat with cotton-mouth. But I digress...

Reactions: Carlos Spicyweiner

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
A lot of states are very closely watching for the success of the Kentucky Wired project. If Kentucky can pull this off then a lot of other states will feel pressured to employ a similar initiative.

Economically speaking, Ky is in a great position if we can truly get every town and home wired with fiber. Our overall cost of living is considerably lower than the national average and, because of coal, our electricity costs are ridiculously cheap. So, with cheaper rent, lower utility costs, lower wages to match the cost of living, and (the biggest thing) tax incentives which are already in place, companies will be moving in left and right to take advantage of the benefits this state has as soon as our internet connectivity and costs make it worthwhile.

Other states don't want to lose businesses. That means less tax money coming in. My estimate is that by 2020 most states that want to remain/become economically relevant will *have* to ensure that business can be connected like they need to be. That means ground level widespread gigabit fiber connectivity at least in the major metro areas.

Reactions: scottntot

Draygus

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Draygus
Yeah I just read an article talking about att pushing out their fiber service to more cities...and the city ill be moving to in about a year is on the list. Google fiber wont be coming my way soon so maybe this will do.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I'll reiterate: Google fiber can't get to my area soon enough. The faster I can dump TWC, the better.

Forgot your password?