I Decided to try my hand at SC "Photography"

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Photography is a hobby of mine, but haven't touched it much since I moved back to the US. With 3.3 / 3.4 and all of the detailed and beautiful environments / assets, I wanted to take a closer look. The game completely changes when you take the time to walk everywhere and look at things most would normally run past. The game's purrdy.
ScreenShot0334.jpg
ScreenShot0148.jpg
ScreenShot0292.jpg
ScreenShot0146.jpg
ScreenShot0266.jpg
ScreenShot0233.jpg
ScreenShot0223.jpg
ScreenShot0302.jpg
ScreenShot0085.jpg
ScreenShot0219.jpg

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
A fellow photographer so nice to see I'm not the only one to take time to walk around and enjoy the scenery.

That some Awesome pictures you got there, great work : - D

CHEERS!

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
Yeah, I'm an amateur photographer too and I can't stop taking in-game pictures in SC... -- especially since the release of 3.3.

I finally learned how to manipulate DoF -- for some reason the default DoF key bindings didn't work for me before -- so I can now make pics the same way I make them with my camera(s) in real World -- with a shallow depth of field.

Add appropriate lighting to that and you can produce amazing pictures... / As for the light, believe or not, I've been waiting for sunset or sunrise for more than hour few times, only to take a cool picture. I've been doing the same many times in real World ; ) If the light is nice, you don't even have to post-process image later.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Yeah, I'm an amateur photographer too and I can't stop taking in-game pictures in SC... -- especially since the release of 3.3.

I finally learned how to manipulate DoF -- for some reason the default DoF key bindings didn't work for me before -- so I can now make pics the same way I make them with my camera(s) in real World -- with a shallow depth of field.

Add appropriate lighting to that and you can produce amazing pictures... / As for the light, believe or not, I've been waiting for sunset or sunrise for more than hour few times, only to take a cool picture. I've been doing the same many times in real World ; ) If the light is nice, you don't even have to post-process image later.
That's awesome! I was wondering where DoF went, I used to use it when the feature first came out. Also its interesting you take the time to wait for the golden hour. That's quality right there.

wmk

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Feb 19, 2018
RSI Handle
wmk
That's awesome! I was wondering where DoF went, I used to use it when the feature first came out. Also its interesting you take the time to wait for the golden hour. That's quality right there.
Default DoF key bindings didn't work for me, so I had to re-bind them to F5 and F6 -- so, in order to decrease f-stop, and therefore create shallow depth of field, I use F4+F5; to make a sharp picture with deep depth of field I use F4+F6 to increase f-stop up to the maximum f/22 or whatever it is, which is the game default. The results are pretty cool.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Default DoF key bindings didn't work for me, so I had to re-bind them to F5 and F6 -- so, in order to decrease f-stop, and therefore create shallow depth of field, I use F4+F5; to make a sharp picture with deep depth of field I use F4+F6 to increase f-stop up to the maximum f/22 or whatever it is, which is the game default. The results are pretty cool.

I'll give it another go either this weekend or the next with DoF, thank you for the info!

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Has anyone else seen the ship triangles in third person? I’m currently complaining to concierge as it ruins screenshots and cinematic videos for me. If anyone knows how to turn them off let me know.
View attachment 11473

Way better w/o
View attachment 11474

Yes the NPC/Ai shipe show up in 3D person some time, it haven't been every time for me but it is a bit frustrating when you want to take a nice pic of Lorville and those triangles pop.

Forgot your password?