I need single player ships.

Fanus

Captain
Feb 16, 2018
RSI Handle
FanusTheron
I need some info from all the experts. What is the best single player ships out there. I have decided that I want to change all my ships to decent single player ships. If I want to fly bigger ships then I'll join somebody else.

The game-play I'm interested in:

Exploring
Cargo
Mining
Salvage
Uber

I have The Verse package at the moment and want to expand or upgrade during the upcoming sale.

P.S. If i don't have friends to man my ships, can I get NPC to join my ship?

Fanus

Captain
Feb 16, 2018
RSI Handle
FanusTheron
This is what I have, just say keep, sell or upgrade to ....

AURORA MR
MUSTANG ALPHA
300I
AVENGER STALKER
RELIANT KORE - MINI HAULER
CUTLASS BLACK
HORNET F7C
FREELANCER
CONSTELLATION ANDROMEDA
DRAKE DRAGONFLY BLACK

My favorite is the Cutlass Black.

Heartwood

Space Marshal
Oct 30, 2017
RSI Handle
Heartwood
These questions should help you out to pin down the choice:

- Do you want to travel to other systems by yourself or with the help of a lifter? (Jump drive > Quantum drive)
- Do you want to experience a progressive game play based on low tier jobs to high tier or do you want to start in the best ship and just progress through equipment and reputation?
- Could you focus on one or two game play styles? This will help with decisions
- Looks over price? Rather have a good looking ship for more money or a common one for less?

Additional questions

-- Will additional game packages translate into npcs? Each package gives one npc for your account for example. Or is this outdated information?

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
Well exploration there is a few but the mechanics are not really in so it is hard to know how "good" they will be. They vary from Mustang D, 315p, the reliant sentinel, and the terrapin (only one shown with a large scanner module but its the most expensive) The mis dur can probably be soloed but its not specifically solo.

Cargo: Well strictly for hauling the best solo ship is hull b (that is best if your not attacked, one seat large capacity for its size almost no guns or shields). If your getting attacked probably the much less hull space cutlass black or freelancer.
Mining: only the prospector currently (probably for ever but they will likely have a mid sized miner that you maybe able to solo).
Salvage: only the Vulture (as with mining maybe a mid sized will come).
Uber: Not sure any ship can be self supporting with Uber rates but heh cutlass black probably. There are no real people transports that have 1 crew but the cutlass and Harbinger can likely be soloed.

Team work will hopefully work well in game that we want to do it so ideally for people like yourself and me there will be others in Test to team with.

NPCs have forever been promised but they have started to state some limitations i.e. to have AI guns you need to use ship computing power.

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
This is what I have, just say keep, sell or upgrade to ....

AURORA MR

AVENGER STALKER

CUTLASS BLACK

FREELANCER

DRAKE DRAGONFLY BLACK

My favorite is the Cutlass Black.
This is all you need to beat Star Citizen. Freelancer for small cargo runs, you can upgrade to a DUR or buy a Carrack when annual sell for exploration with your store credit.

Mushin

Space Marshal
Aug 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Naelobo
I refunded my original account due to this reason. No reason to try to purchase every single ship when you can just earn them in the game. Focus on the core of what you want to start with and then build from there in the game.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Exploring - Freelancer DUR or 315p.
Cargo - Hull B, Lancer DUR can also be used for this albeit more limited.
Mining - Prospector.
Salvage - Vulture.
Uber - just throw people in the back of your ship :P

I would recommend the Entrepreneur Pack. It's a Concierge pack that comes with a Prospector, Vulcan, Vulture, Hull B, and Ursa Rover.

Reactions: Fanus and Deroth

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Yes I know, but its hard to know now what will suit me in the future so I want to built up ships for the right jobs especially with all the sales.
maybe borrow ships of other testies until you find something you like? you can always buy ships in game too.

Reactions: Deroth and Fanus

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You cant say really what is the best right now as more ships always being developed. and balancing is always occurring. one ship might be fast and no armor another could be medium and last heavy and slow. guns could vary power plants and how many components to add etc.

look at the mustang pre rework no one wanted it now that its been changed there is a huge following. then the phoenix when 600i came a bunch of people sold off their phonix to buy 600i. then they completed phoenix now they regret selling it.

Forgot your password?