I wanna go fast!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
So I'm thinking of upgrading one of my Aurora Starter packs to something fast. Really fast. Leaning toward a 300 series, but wouldn't be adverse to a Mustang. I figure I've got fighter, exploration, Aurora (for sun runs), and multipurpose covered. I may as well have fast.

So that begs the question, in the community's experience, what ship is fast and functional?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah, I was checking the m50 out. I may upgrade to it when/if she goes back on sale. For now I'm looking for a fast, agile ship that can still hold it's own in combat. Something all nimbly bimbly.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You should always maintain one ship with a jump drive - like the aurora lx. And then - I am quite happy with my Mustang for racing issues.
Aurora LN
Sabre
Freelancer DURp
Cutlass Blue
P52 Merlin
P72 Archimedes
Aurora MR (I shall upgrade this little fella to something fast . . .)

I think I should be ok with jump drive capability. Couple stock in this list, and I do believe that anything can be upgraded to include one, except for the snub-noses.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Hmmmm, I'm really torn. I keep flip flopping on it. I reckon I can always just upgrade to the lowest listed one, fly it, and keep moving up. I haven't flown any of the 300 series yet, so I'm curious to know how they handle compared to say the mustang.

glockjs

Space Marshal
Feb 26, 2015
RSI Handle
glockjs
i guess i'll also add the m50 is maxed out as is. IMO if you want something to use in the verse it's 350r without a doubt. i also love the lore that comes with the 350r

It is also rumored that the UEE military’s elite black watch divisions make use of a squadron of 350rs for covert operations requiring extreme speed; reports of stealth-grey racer-class ships without broadcast transponders operating along the Vanduul border can not be independently substantiated.

i'm biased if you can't tell :p

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ooooo, covert Ops. I do like the sound of that. I can't wait to try the 350r. Unfortunately, it's not available right now, and I did,'t have the foresight to buy it last week. So right now I test the Avenger. Next up is the 325. I'll settle eventually. Ha

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
the gladius is the fastest fighter in game and can dominate combat
Really? So where does that leave the Sabre? I know we don't have specs yet, but isn't supposed to be a bigger, badder, upgraded brother to the Gladius?

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
i guess i'll also add the m50 is maxed out as is. IMO if you want something to use in the verse it's 350r without a doubt. i also love the lore that comes with the 350r

It is also rumored that the UEE military’s elite black watch divisions make use of a squadron of 350rs for covert operations requiring extreme speed; reports of stealth-grey racer-class ships without broadcast transponders operating along the Vanduul border can not be independently substantiated.

i'm biased if you can't tell :p
You got that backwards. The 350r is already maxed out. The m50 still has the ability to be upgraded to make it faster.

I think the 350 is the fastest if you can control it. It's like an engine with wings. The m50 is more like an a-wing. It's fast and can turn but loses ground to the 350 on any straight away.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
You got that backwards. The 350r is already maxed out. The m50 still has the ability to be upgraded to make it faster.

I think the 350 is the fastest if you can control it. It's like an engine with wings. The m50 is more like an a-wing. It's fast and can turn but loses ground to the 350 on any straight away.
So the M50 eh? I like agile. But I want guns too. Guess I'm just hankering to get my hands on my Sabre. Ha.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
So I'm thinking of upgrading one of my Aurora Starter packs to something fast. Really fast. Leaning toward a 300 series, but wouldn't be adverse to a Mustang. I figure I've got fighter, exploration, Aurora (for sun runs), and multipurpose covered. I may as well have fast.

So that begs the question, in the community's experience, what ship is fast and functional?
get a mustang Gamma. If your intent on insanity get a 350R and just "DEAL WITH IT" as its not as easy to use as Shive makes it look.

Neophite108

Lieutenant
Nov 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Neophite108
M50 is nice, can carry a pair of S2 guns and a pair of rockets. Its about mid-ground in terms of firepower for the racers. Its crazy agile and tough to hit. It's a bit slower than the 350R, but it seems to accelerate a lot faster. Havent tested the Mustang Gamma, but if its anything like the Alpha its a fine ship.

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Herald - 320 M/s and a larger engine can be installed for even faster speeds.

It is an info runner and made to out run any ship in the 'Verse.
If all you want is FAST, this is it.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I'd like to try the m50. Alas, shes no longer on sale. I'm playing with the Avenger right now, seeing how I like it. If needs be, I'll take a step up to the 325A. The 300i was pretty nice to rip around in. Unfortunately, I can't downgrade, so I've already passed the Gamma. Sounds like the m50 may have what I'm looking for in that fast agility though. I'll see if I can rent it for a spell to try 'er out.

The Herald. I almost bought that during the sale. Almost. Hindsight. That, and I can't fly all the ships, all the time. Haha. Wait, can I clone me?

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Sweet. The M50 is rentable. I wish I'd thought of this earlier. Ha. Now to wait for me ol' subscription to renew. I'll try the 325 for now.

Forgot your password?