[idea] TEST Suggestions for SC

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
The problem I ran into on the RSI idea forums was that generally, someone had an idea and about 5 people will post and say, "hey I like this too!" but all of these are generally people that don't post too much or are not high profile.

Then, there comes along one or two "veterans" with thousands of posts to their names and they simply say something along the lines of "Meh, I don't like it" And will repeat that until the thread dies.

Also, I think your idea is good and it filters out a lot of noise. A number of people here have presented you arguments on why they think it might not be a good idea. I believe that non of these arguments are solid enough to warrant dropping this idea completely.

To make this "think-tank" a success, perhaps it would be an idea to dedicate a group to this. "The mindcrackers" or "Headsmashers" :p
Simply to have a place where people can hold arguments towards a common goal (your goal).

That said I have a lot of ideas, suggestions and maybe some "concerns" too. I'm happy to throw them out there if such a group is created :)
Names aside, I like the idea of making a group dedicated to this.

For fairly obvious reasons the devs cannot favour any guild nor would I want that.
It's not about being favoured by the Devs, it's simply polishing ideas which can then be presented in a proper way. It's not about waving a TEST Banner or anything, it's just about making the Game better.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

Lythan

Vice Admiral
Oct 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Lythan
For fairly obvious reasons the devs cannot favour any guild nor would I want that. This forum is a good place to discuss ideas. It is full of backers for the game with strong interests and different gaming likes
Indeed one Org can not be held in favor over another, but if we can turn this into something successful then it stands to reason that other Orgs may want to do the same thing. It would be a nice chain reaction that could reduce a lot of noise, but this may all be a little optimistic.

For now I think a good start would be simply to get a group going of people who are willing to dive into a discussion with more then "I like it" or "Meh, don't like it". Maybe starting with "How to get our ideas across to the rest of the community and the developers, as successfully as possible" and a few other ideas.

Hmm, that makes me wonder... If this group is established, would it be a good idea to limit the number of ideas that can be suggested at one time, this to prevent to many discussions from opening and cannibalizing off of each other?

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
Hmm, that makes me wonder... If this group is established, would it be a good idea to limit the number of ideas that can be suggested at one time, this to prevent to many discussions from opening and cannibalizing off of each other?
Yeah I was thinking about submitting 1 suggestion per week max. and have maybe 4 ongoing discussions at a time.

slightlysane

Vice Admiral
Aug 18, 2016
RSI Handle
slightlysane
I think 1 suggestion per week is probably too much. Remember if we do this other groups will too. The devs have plenty to do without reading through suggestions weekly from a large number of groups. If we want them to seriously look at our suggestions i would say monthly at best.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
(peanut butter is not for me!).
Almond butter..... the joy of peanut butter but the healthy option of almonds!

And to keep on topic.... I avoid the general forums more than I avoid cancer and aids. As suggested by others having the big Org of Test swinging our yellow and black bat of opinions could be met with mixed results. Not all good either. But the same idea could also be applied to the issue council as a test bed to see how it would work out..... just a thought.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I have a suggestion. I know I'm well knowing for my 99% BS, but this is my 1% serious time face:

Want Cargo to be attachable externally but it then loses all defense and ship armor. Also have Dragonflies strapping external.
EG:
RacksForCarsinGuelph.jpg
buzz-rack-buzz-quattro-tilting-4-bike-carrier-peter-w.jpg

Forgot your password?