ILW 2954 WB CCU watch

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm, so first the Retaliator and now MK 1. They're doing some spring cleaning it seems. Aren't these like the first CCUs that are getting removed from the store? And it's two at once at that.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
If you're playing the CCU game correctly starting from scratch just this ILW you are getting a Polaris for about 500 so far.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Well it doesn't look like I'll get a price break between the Dragonfly and the Hawk. Since I already have a Cutlass Blue (the loaner for the Zeus MkII MR), suggestions on where I should pause?

I already have a Hawk, the Cutlass Red and Prospector don't interest me, and I have an F7C MkII. I'm leaning toward the Sabre, but I could also choose an F7C MkI, and F7C MkI Wildfire, or I could pick a stepping stone between the Dragonfly and the Hawk like a Stalker, Arrow or Gladius.

Recommendations?

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Well it doesn't look like I'll get a price break between the Dragonfly and the Hawk. Since I already have a Cutlass Blue (the loaner for the Zeus MkII MR), suggestions on where I should pause?

I already have a Hawk, the Cutlass Red and Prospector don't interest me, and I have an F7C MkII. I'm leaning toward the Sabre, but I could also choose an F7C MkI, and F7C MkI Wildfire, or I could pick a stepping stone between the Dragonfly and the Hawk like a Stalker, Arrow or Gladius.

Recommendations?
Unless you are desperate for the loaners which the Polaris provides (Hammerhead, Vanguard Harbinger), you're probably better off waiting until closer to its release before locking in a chain (in whole or in part) and applying it, as there will be more sales with WB CCU's before the Polaris reaches flyable status (There seems to be at least 1 sale per month with them, plus citizencon) - If you have the credits, CCU's to the G12a, Legionnaire, and Apollos may be worth investing in - If bought with credit, they can always be melted at no real loss and the funds used to fill potential holes in the chain.

If the IAE follows past examples, we'll get daily WB CCU's, and LTI token on day 1, and new ships every 2-3 days, so if the LTI token for the event isn't from RSI, you get a few extra days there to potentially add to the chain, plus if you "rent" a Polaris on RSI day, you gain an extra 2 days to potentially increase the chain's savings before you lose use of that.

Looking at last year's WB CCU's, there were 2 which would have fitted between the Dragonfly and Hawk, as well - One a daily (Avenger Warlock), and one for the finale (Gladius), so I'd suggest holding out a while longer before applying anything.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Unless you are desperate for the loaners which the Polaris provides (Hammerhead, Vanguard Harbinger), you're probably better off waiting until closer to its release before locking in a chain (in whole or in part) and applying it, as there will be more sales with WB CCU's before the Polaris reaches flyable status (There seems to be at least 1 sale per month with them, plus citizencon) - If you have the credits, CCU's to the G12a, Legionnaire, and Apollos may be worth investing in - If bought with credit, they can always be melted at no real loss and the funds used to fill potential holes in the chain.

If the IAE follows past examples, we'll get daily WB CCU's, and LTI token on day 1, and new ships every 2-3 days, so if the LTI token for the event isn't from RSI, you get a few extra days there to potentially add to the chain, plus if you "rent" a Polaris on RSI day, you gain an extra 2 days to potentially increase the chain's savings before you lose use of that.

Looking at last year's WB CCU's, there were 2 which would have fitted between the Dragonfly and Hawk, as well - One a daily (Avenger Warlock), and one for the finale (Gladius), so I'd suggest holding out a while longer before applying anything.
Thanks.
I'm only going to a Zeus MR. My Tali is as big a crew for a ship I'm willing to worry about assembling. I'll be filling the F7C MkI to Red Sunday, and the DF to Hawk hole at the end or just add a Gladius to Hawk CCU and sit on it. Just thinking ahead. The Zeus is still a ways out.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm. This finale has a lot of my favorites coming back for encore. I wonder if finale day 2 will have the same or different selection. Anyone know for sure? All I could find was
FINALE UPGRADES
Don’t miss out on new Warbond upgrades (including 10-year in-game insurance!) and a selection of returning Invictus Daily Deals.
Looking at our thread from ILW 2953, it seems finale only had one set of offers. So I guess that'd be the case this time as well?
Though it was IAE 2953 when they changed how finales work. But did they only change it for IAE or ILW as well?
Hrmh. Well, we'll know tomorrow for sure.

Last edited:

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Over the last several years, I've been slowly gathering up a mound of WB CCUs, just before the ILW, I stacked them in order of ship prices in & out to set up various chains to see what ships I can get for as little as possible. Given what I started with, I believe that I did alright. I definitely spent a bit of my CCUs this week, but I've gained a few new ships to my fleet with a bit of savings overall. Of all the chains I set up, all I'm missing is a CCU from an A1 to a Defender, which I'll be able to snag during Alien Week coming up in June. Meanwhile, I've converted a G12 triple pack into all 3 Zeus ships, a Roc DS into a Galaxy, my Redeemer into an M2, a Pulse into a replacement Redeemer, a Mule into a Firebird and a pulse pair into the combination of a F7C MKII & F7A MKII. Most of the CCU's ending up saving me about !/2 the overall cost of each ship overall. With the news of the replacement MKII Ghost & Tracker ships, I'm tempted to start a pair of new chains for them as well. LoL

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Hmm. F7C-M Super Hornet is now F7C-M Super Hornet MK I.
The interesting bit is that F7C-M Super Hornet had a price tag of 185 if I'm not entirely mistaken.
Meanwhile F7C-M Super Hornet MK I goes for 180.

This is possibly the first time CIG has ever reduced the price of a ship?

f1ght3r2k4

Commander
Sep 15, 2023
RSI Handle
f1ght3r2k4
Yes I noticed that too. It went up last year iirc (some of the hornets had price increases ...) and was up at 185 for a short while this ILW before they changed it to 180. The 185 was nice for a CCU to the Zeus though ... I have 5 of those in my hangar at $5 each from last year. This ILW I then bought 5x $5 CCU from Retaliator to Super Hornet MK I, chaining them together.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Interesting. They added 2 more ships to the finale sales today: Terrapin and Vulcan.
Doesn't look like they'd have removed anything.
Cool.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Could someone who has been part of the CCU game longer than me please take a guess on where the following concept vehicles/ships may end up in price?

Ranger (+$5?)
G12 (+$5?)
Legionnaire
Hull B
Vulcan
Zeus
Railen
Apollo Triage/Medivac
Ranger is +5 if you're a bit lucky, otherwise +0 probably.

G12 could be anything from +0 to +15 depending on CIG rolling dice. Probably +5 tho.

Legionaire probably +10, could be more if lucky.

Hull B... Eh, I wouldn't be surprised if it went +40 still, but it has already gone up by quite a lot. Hull C more than doubled in price, Hull A went up to 1.5x. Hull B would probably be something in between these two, and has already gone up to 1.55x. Entirely possible CIG just decides +10 is enough as a flight ready bump but I'd certainly keep one or two of these CCUs around if you have the store credit leeway to do so.

Vulcan, it's getting harder to say, but I'd expect like +20. Could be more if we're lucky, could be just +10 if CIG decides so. This combines well with the current WB CCU sale tho, so it's worth a consider.

Zeus, I wouldn't expect much. It's very recent. Probably +10, maybe +15.

Railen, well, it's alien. San'Tok.Yai which used to be cheaper than Railen went up by $20, I'd expect Railen to go up by slightly more. Maybe +30 or +40. Could just be +20 tho.

Apollos. Hmm. +20 at least. Could be quite a bit more, these are older ships and CIG bumps those up more. Sometimes much, much more.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Here's the link to the previous years thread(s) for more information.

Also check Brictoria's more detailed lists below.

Finale:
DateShipWarbond CCU PriceNormal price
27th, 28thConstellation Aquila$290$315
27th, 28thVanguard Harbinger$270$290
27th, 28thValkyrie$350$375
27th, 28thCarrack$560$600
27th, 28thCaterpillar$300$330
27th, 28thCutlass Black$100$110
Note! New:
27th, 28thAres Inferno$235$250
27th, 28thPerseus$615$675
Note! Added 2nd day of finale!
28thVulcan$185$200
28thTerrapin$200$220

Todays Ship(s)Warbond CCU PriceNormal pricePermanently available starting pointClosest available starting point
See "Finale" above
Sabre Firebird$170$185Prospector $155SRV, Gladiator $165
Retaliator$160$175Prospector $155Razor EX, Prospector $155

DateShipWarbond CCU PriceNormal price
17thPolaris$700$750 (for now)
18thConstellation Aquila$290$315
19thStarfarer Gemini$320$340
20thC1 Spirit$115$125
21stGladius Valiant$100$110
22ndVanguard Harbinger$270$290
23rdValkyrie$350$375
24thCarrack$560$600
25thCaterpillar$300$330
26thCutlass Black$100$110

Few chain starter ideas thanks to @Richard Bong
ShipWB PriceNormal
Mirai Pulse (LTI)$25$30
Argo MPUV Tractor (LTI)$35$40
Ursa Medivac (LTI)$55$60

@Brictoria wanna make those more detailed lists again? EDIT: See them below. Collaboration ftw!
Thanks for the work guys.

Forgot your password?