In-game purchasable modules are here

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the retaliator modules that can now be bought in-game are the first in-game purchasable modules.

RetaliatorModules.png

Source:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJavKEflDTw

This opens a whole new avenue for theorycrafting. Like, how much will Endeavor modules be in game? (Hint: A lot)

Anyhow, so the Retaliator is 7,938,000 aUEC at New Deal. The most expensive module is 1.8M and a full modular loadout to the max costs 2.6M. This is ~1/3rd of the ships purchase price.
I think that's pretty good price ratio, though different ships can obviously have different ratios. Endeavor will be more modules than ship, so the ratio could even be 1:1 or something crazy like that.
And considering 890 jump is 65M, endeavor could be like 50-80M for the skeleton, and then another 30-100M for the modules.

Anyhow, it's cool that modules are more properly in-game now, not just behind a paywall. Very exiting to see more and more ships with more and more modules coming in now that the floodgates are opening.

Mudhawk

Vice Admiral
Donor
Oct 30, 2022
RSI Handle
Mudhawk
Correct me if I'm wrong,
Well, since you asked for it:
/Nitpicking ON
The first modules were obviously the ones for the Multi Tool
Though they are officially called attachements they do completely define the function of that Item.
In contrast to actual attachments that modify or assist a given function.
A laserpointer does not change the FS9 into a Demeco.
A Lifeguard Attachment does actually change a MultiTool into a medical device.
Though when it comes to starships you are undoubtedly and absolutely correct.
That's a first...
(Take THAT as you wish :-)
/Nitpicking OFF
Kinda fascinating though, the things we get to buy ingame lately.
First the ATLS, now them modules.
Next thing we know the Galaxy with all modules comes flying straight to the stores...

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
Like, how much will Endeavor modules be in game? (Hint: A lot)
This was my very first thought when seeing your post. The ship itself can be had or preferably CCU'd into for a very reasonable price by SC standards. But HOW MUCH grinding is it going to take to be able to fit the thing for any given role?

Next thing we know the Galaxy with all modules comes flying straight to the stores...
There is a hope for much more clarity (and more modules!) for what the Galaxy is supposed to be able to do. The initial offering was meh and it didn't catch my attention until they attached base-building to it.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
This might seem like a jerk thing to say, so forgive me if that's the case for you, but from my perspective, it would be wise of CIG to set the in game costs of ships & modules at least slightly higher than those of the RL cash / account store, financially speaking of course. Then to figure out the right cost for the in game costs, calculate the average amount that a player could earn with that ship or module in a month if they spent 32 hours in game that month. I came to that hour total thinking that would be either slightly more than 1 hour a day of the month or 8 total hours per weekend.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, since you asked for it:
/Nitpicking ON
The first modules were obviously the ones for the Multi Tool
/Nitpicking OFF
Lmao, well, you got me there!

This was my very first thought when seeing your post. The ship itself can be had or preferably CCU'd into for a very reasonable price by SC standards. But HOW MUCH grinding is it going to take to be able to fit the thing for any given role?

There is a hope for much more clarity (and more modules!) for what the Galaxy is supposed to be able to do. The initial offering was meh and it didn't catch my attention until they attached base-building to it.
Yeah, I figure Endeavor, just the skeleton without modules, is going to something like double in price in just... 5 years or so when they finally implement it. If I recall correctly, it's going to be dead last of the capital ships getting implemented, and won't even be part of the full release of the game. Which is a huge shame because it's obviously one of the more interesting capital ships!

But yeah, you'll probably going to be putting in more grinding than your average grindstone if you want to solo-afford those modules. Like you could just buy a medium or large ship with the kinda money you'd need for some Endeavor modules, kinda like you could definitely buy a starter or starter+ ship with the kinda money Tally modules need.

This might seem like a jerk thing to say, so forgive me if that's the case for you, but from my perspective, it would be wise of CIG to set the in game costs of ships & modules at least slightly higher than those of the RL cash / account store, financially speaking of course. Then to figure out the right cost for the in game costs, calculate the average amount that a player could earn with that ship or module in a month if they spent 32 hours in game that month. I came to that hour total thinking that would be either slightly more than 1 hour a day of the month or 8 total hours per weekend.
Well, that's just being realistic. No hard feelings whatsoever. And I mean, I've never gotten upset about a company trying to fulfil the basic functions of a company within reason. (What's outside of reason? Pee bottles at certain warehouses. That's way past the line for me.) And giving like a modest incentive to spend some cash to keep the servers running is pretty reasonable.

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Beutiful!
I so hope it comes in white.
And for the tractor beam to be strong enough to drag that Rebel Scum into...
(cough)
...nervermind...
If I EVER catch my daughter with a bunch of goddamn kids fooling around in that Tantine V of hers, I'm straight up murdering all of her friends and dumping her shit on the nearest desert planet. And I swear to the goddamn whills that I will. I've had it up to here with that adopted little brat...

• Glorious
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?