introduction to combat flight

Feb 8, 2018
RSI Handle
seriousseriouspunch
Advice for new dogfighters
Roll to expose charged shield banks to the enemy to absorb more damage in situation you get attacked out of the blue
Use afterburner sparingly, you do not want to overheat your ship to a point where your engines and shields lose power
Adjust speed limiter to a safe max speed where you are still able to manoeuvre with full agility of your ship
Use speed limiter toggle to disable speed limiter all together when you need to fall back and recharge your shields
Make adjustments to your shield banks, when one goes down direct power to recharge it
When engaging in a joust B====D 0====8 apply a little bit of side strafe so the enemy doesn't have a straight shot at you and adjust your shield fully forward
Try to keep your ship's cross-section as small as possible to avoid getting hit
90-degree roll and strafe to expose enemy ships top side (pancake)

How to aim
lead pip
Shoot at the centre of the circle
Bind esp (toggle) because AI is very jittery and esp aim assist is making aiming more difficult (It is good to disable esp for a moment in these situations)
Cockpit shots are the most effective way to destroy a ship

The dual stick control setup
Increase left stick dead zones for x and y-axis until you don't get crosstalk between the two axes when strafing around. Unwanted inputs slow down your ship
Set right stick dead zone for x and y-axis to 0

Overclock your weapons
Overclocking weapons makes them shoot faster
Overclocking shields is counterproductive because when they overheat they shut down

Some of the most effective weapons in 3.5 in terms of DPS and TTK
Strife Mass Driver S2
Attrition-3 S3
Mantis GT-220 S3

Resources
http://starcitizendb.com/components/weapon

Last edited:

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
good infos

sharing is caring

Reactions: Mich Angel

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
When engaging in a joust B====D 0====8 apply a little bit of side strafe so the enemy doesn't have a straight shot at you and adjust your shield fully forward
Haven't had the time to try out the new flight model, but when jousting I liked to hold strafe and roll to corkscrew in and randomly alternate the direction of the roll to be a harder target to hit. It worked pretty well vs the AI at least. Might make some people dizzy though.

Feb 8, 2018
RSI Handle
seriousseriouspunch
Haven't had the time to try out the new flight model, but when jousting I liked to hold strafe and roll to corkscrew in and randomly alternate the direction of the roll to be a harder target to hit. It worked pretty well vs the AI at least. Might make some people dizzy though.
I see you do not understand the safety symbol of two dicks smashing together B====D 0====8

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I see you do not understand the safety symbol of two dicks smashing together B====D 0====8
I like a good dick joke as much as the next, so ASCII art dicks aren't lost on me and it's representation of lances and jousting. Are you arguing that I'm wrong in calling the maneuver I described jousting? What I'm failing to grasp is why you seem to be talking down to me. Have I offended you in some way?

Edit: I could just be missing the joke with no tone of speech in text. I might be a little irritable and paranoid from not sleeping last night after a large centipede fell off the ceiling and landed by my hand. Thing crawled off before I could catch or kill it and I couldn't find the thing or know where it went and spent a while looking for it and spraying insecticides.

Last edited:

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
I might be a little irritable and paranoid from not sleeping last night after a large centipede fell off the ceiling and landed by my hand. Thing crawled off before I could catch or kill it and I couldn't find the thing or know where it went and spent a while looking for it and spraying insecticides.
What’s worse is it was a radioactive centipede and now he has super powers. He’s now known as the human centipede...

Michael

Space Marshal
Sep 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Pewbaca
I like that guide:
not sure if everything still applies.

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
What’s worse is it was a radioactive centipede and now he has super powers. He’s now known as the human centipede...
LOL, when I first heard of that movie I thought it was a cool idea with a mad scientist making a Frankenstein kinda monster by grafting the torsos together to make 1 person with 6 arms and 2-6 legs. It was a bit of a let down to learn that it was just people stitched together ass to mouth.

Forgot your password?