Is Jar Jar binks the original Sith Lord?

CGPepper

Comrade
Nov 13, 2014
RSI Handle
CGP
There is this strange theory going around the interwebz suggesting that Jar Jar is actually the true mastermind behind the dark side. Crazy right? Or is it

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Here is the original theory of Darth Jar Jar
Source: https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w/

Here I will seek to establish that Jar Jar Binks, far from being simply the bumbling idiot he portrays himself as, is in fact a highly skilled force user in terms of martial ability and mind control.

Furthermore, I assert that he was not, as many people assume, just an unwitting political tool manipulated by Palpatine-- rather, he and Palpatine were likely in collaboration from the very beginning, and it's entirely possible that Palpatine was a subordinate underling to Binks throughout both trilogies.

And finally, given the above, I will conclude with an argument as to why I believe it is not only possible, but plausiblethat Jar Jar will make a profound impact on the upcoming movies, and what his role may be.

So first, let's establish Jar Jar as a skilled warrior. While this does not in itself necessitate a connection with the Physical Force, it's highly suggestive in the Star Wars universe-- very rarely do we see "normal" characters exhibiting extraordinary stuntwork or physical feats unless they are Jedi, Sith, or at least force sensitives.

So here's Jar Jar nonchalantly executing a standing 20 foot twisting somersaultObi-Wan warned us otherwise.Zui Quan[3] , or Drunken Fist wushu. This discipline seeks to imitate the "sloshing," seemingly random foibles of a drunkard, but in reality the staggering and stumbling is the use of bodily momentum, deception, and unpredictability intended to lure and confuse opponents.

Let's take a look at Jar Jar displaying some wushu (the compasion clips are taken from an instructional Zui Quan videoJar Jar kipping-upZui Quan ComparisonJar Jar "sloshing"Zui Quan ComparisonJar Jar Sweeps the LegZui Quan Comparisonslow down the above gifJar Jar Centering himself in preparation for a Force jumpZui Quan ComparisonJar Jar AmbushHere it is in slow-motionthis is a maneuver we've seen beforethey always gesticulatenot-so-subtly wave their hands at the target.Jar Jar hand-waving his way towards a promotion to Bombad GeneralJar Jar hand-waving his way towards a promotion to the SenateJar Jar using Force Persuasion as he hand-waves the entire Galactic Senateodd ancient statuesPalpatine still hangs out with Jar Jar in RotS.behind the scenes TFA footage[24] clearly showing imagery being reused from the prequels. Also, many of the flags above Maz's castle in the trailer are from TPM)

No, it stands to reason that one of their primary goals will be to reinvigorate and ultimately try to redeem the prequels in the eyes of the fanbase. To elevate and improve them retroactively, as much as possible. So how do you do that?

Jar Jar Binks has undoubtedly become the face of everything that is "wrong" with the prequels- he was too silly, too unbelievable, seemingly pointless. If you are able to somehow change the nature of Jar Jar from embarrassing idiot to jaw-dropping villain, suddenly the entire prequel trilogy must be seen in a new light, because it becomes the setup for the most astounding reveal in film history:

Jar Jar Binks is Supreme Leader Snoke!

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
See now, THIS is why I don't watch the news anymore! You can take ANYTHING out of context when you don't have ALL the facts...

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
See now, this is why I have a life outside of gaming/fandom...

Reactions: NeoHelios_SC

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
LOL, Honestly, I would now LIKE to see JarJar binks as the sithlord master, and will be disapointed when he's not. If he turns out to be the Master, I might revise what i think on the original three movies, and...well... I can imagine walt disney selling MANY MANY more copies...

If they redeem jarJar this way, they would make alot of sales. But if JarJar was intended as the original sith master, someone would have mentioned it from reading the scripts long ago.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I remember people making similar claims shortly after TPM came out, but the Jar Jar hate train was so strong that anyone mentioning it was shut down.

I'm glad that people have finally calmed down enough to revisit the prequels.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
Yeah, the eye thing has been proven inconclusive at best and most likely wrong.

All Gungans have yellow eyes. Plenty of other races have yellow eyes.

Sith have a red ring surrounding the inner yellow ring.

Even with that, eye color =! dark side force user.

Jabba:

(His eyes are up there. No. Higher. Higher. A little more.)

Watto's eyes are also yellow.

And as a Toydarian he is *very* difficult to sway with force driven suggestions. Not that Toydarians are immune, but he's actually resistant to the force and he has yellow eyes.

Forgot your password?