Is there a way I can Spawn somewhere other than POlisar?

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
to your knowledge? I really want to change my starting spawn to Grim Hex or something similar. I havent found anything online about how to do it if its possible.

Thanks

Reactions: MegaMonkey

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
thanks ill try that

Reactions: Shiwaz

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
Report back with results please
Logged out on the bed of the Cutlass. Woke up in Olisar
Logged out of the Bed of the Freelancer. Woke up in Olisar
Logged out on the bed of the Connie. Woke up in Olisar
Traveled to Grim Hex, walk STRAIGHT to the habitation area and logged out. Guess what happened.

W O K E U P AT M F I N G OLISAR!!! LMAO lol

I give up ! lol

Vhexxus

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2016
RSI Handle
Vhexxus
My friend woke up at Hex. Only thing of notice is that he did have act of crime against him. Not sure how severe, but it was only from not ask Port-O to land. So maybe Hex is for criminals only to spawn from.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
OK here's a hint! It's good to spend some time read what is posted in Spectrum "Announcement" every now and then.. :beers:

FROM Patch note 3.0:...

Major Known Issues:
  • Persistent player location respawn is currently only working if the player returns to the same instance. This is not the intended final functionality.
CHEERS! :beer: :beers:

Oh! Yeah! the link to Announcement posts are posted here from CIG.. :beers:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/spectrum/community/SC/forum/1?page=1&sort=last-activity

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
"This is not the intended final functionality."

I have a feeling we will be hearing quite a bit of this going forward

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
yeah but how can you tell you return to the same instance??? ;)

Reactions: Mich Angel

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
yeah but how can you tell you return to the same instance??? ;)
Well I can't see how that was unclear or hard to understand in any way....
If You die/log off/game crash...You'll respawn back where you logged off/dropped out/crashed out... or at the closest place to it.
if that happen you are in same instant... if not then you're not in same instant

:beers: :beer: :beer:

Reactions: Bambooza

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
I unintentionally spawned several times in Levski.

So, as pointed out, if you log out, i.e., totally quit the game, you will always wake up in Olisar.

I was trading at Levski, got distracted by something, probably walked the dog, got back was disconnected due to inactivity, just simply restarted the game and holy crap, I'm not in Oli anymore.

I actually then got out of the game and rejoined twice more, both times at Levski. Again, this is just with going back to the "Crusader" menu or whatever.

If you quit the game totally, or the server dies, then you will be starting over again at Olisar.

Hybus

Space Marshal
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Hybus
It can even happen when you don't mean it to,

Was helping a couple guys at Kareah wipe their records, decided to just log out in the bed on the lancer on the pad. In the morning, I woke up and decided to change a loadout on a fighter, so i logged in before work, woke up in PO, swapped a couple guns, called it good. After work that day when I logged back in, I was in my lancer bed floating just off the security post.

Forgot your password?