Espionage <- is this a thing?

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
espionage in the sense of us infiltrating other orgs, no. We don't want to encourage the same environment EVE had. In terms of us using in game mechanics like the herald in a spying/scouting role? yes.

Dranoc

Autistic EVE Player
Donor
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Dranoc
espionage in the sense of us infiltrating other orgs, no. We don't want to encourage the same environment EVE had. In terms of us using in game mechanics like the herald in a spying/scouting role? yes.
You are flat out wrong. And i am saying that as part of staff.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I can 100% guarantee you we have people in our org right now and in the future who will work to gain information on various things to guide their parent org to disrupt or stop our activities. We know this already because people have come forward from other orgs and said they were put in TEST to spy on us and ended up joining for real because we're the better org. Montoya has loudly announced this in past SOTS.

The Eve Online spying has been here since the beginning. We like to joke about it because its fun and because we don't have a far reaching game yet. But it really is a danger. The best intelligence is the intelligence that people can gather from infiltration and monitoring of such meta activities. Not in game mechanics.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
I can 100% guarantee you we have people in our org right now and in the future who will work to gain information on various things to guide their parent org to disrupt or stop our activities. We know this already because people have come forward from other orgs and said they were put in TEST to spy on us and ended up joining for real because we're the better org. Montoya has loudly announced this in past SOTS.

The Eve Online spying has been here since the beginning. We like to joke about it because its fun and because we don't have a far reaching game yet. But it really is a danger. The best intelligence is the intelligence that people can gather from infiltration and monitoring of such meta activities. Not in game mechanics.
apparently our position has changed then, or I was led to believe that incorrectly around the time of april 2015, when the first thread like this came up. We've always known about infiltrators in our org, but as I understood it till now, we were going to try and avoid doing that to others, even come full release. I don't remember the exact person(s) that led me to believe that, but oh well. No use shooting ourselves in the foot I suppose.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
but as I understood it till now, we were going to try and avoid doing that to others, even come full release.
I never said we were doing that. To my knowledge there are no plans for that. But I'm not on staff. I'm just saying the best way to get intel is infiltration.

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
I don't see the point in spy. Unless you have too much time. Then sure fo pretend to be someone's friend and learn their secrets...
But it seems lame. Why spai when you can fly into the sun, and be ridiculous with me and @blind_owl, and shoot npc aliens and enjoy the game?
This is space fun simulation, not Highschool/CIA training.
Perhaps I just don't get it

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I don't see the point in spy. Unless you have too much time. Then sure fo pretend to be someone's friend and learn their secrets...
But it seems lame. Why spai when you can fly into the sun, and be ridiculous with me and @blind_owl, and shoot npc aliens and enjoy the game?
This is space fun simulation, not Highschool/CIA training.
Perhaps I just don't get it
Lol, real life has enough bullshit for me. Game world is about fun. Doing spai stuff in game seems like it would be ridiculously fun. Like trying to infiltrate into an enemy Bengal . . .using a Javelin. That's the TEST way!
"RAMMING SPEED!"
smash, bang, boom, crunch . . .
"Well, we're in."
In all seriousness though, I think trying to do fun and crazy things like EVAing onto a Bengal would be great. That being said, whats the point if there's no information to steal. Its not like other orgs are going to create elaborate plans to conquer the galaxy and then write them down in game and leave them in a folder labelled "Super Duper Top Secret". That's just silly.
Unless of course your CoA is to hijack said ship. Then YAY! More sun fodder.

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Like trying to infiltrate into an enemy Bengal . . .using a Javelin. That's the TEST way!
"RAMMING SPEED!".
That sounds like fun. I think I'd like to get inside a ship and steal it... in game. But hanging out on their forums waiting for them to give me juicy information? That sounds like something I just don't care to do.
Fly spaceship into big spaceship hanger and shoot pilots trying to get to their ships? Y'all just call me and I'll be there!

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
TEST Spai: Pew pew pew. Die. LTI. Yay, life. Pew pew some more. Sneak and pew pew. EVA into engine. Die. No access there. I'm a bad spai. Oh well. Pew pew.
Spaiing is fun. So is beer.

Filer

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Filer
Spai-ing would be a bit silly and adolescent in a game. I think we could accept the cognitive dissidence, and consider that Test might actually have and use some ‘testies intelligence’ (oxymoronic)? Help avoid an endless Beer -> Boom -> LTI wait…? Some people might find it fun - putting junk drunk-text messages from our exploration-folks (joke) into something that makes sense for all us to use?

Last edited:
Reactions: CrudeSasquatch
Forgot your password?