JL9977 Checking In!

JL9977

Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JL9977
Hi friends! Justin here checking in, just letting you know what I'm all aboot!
Where you from stranger?
My igloo up here in Ottawa, Canada.

What drew you to Star Citizen?
About 10 years ago I used to spend all my time on Freelancer. I absolutely loved it! Also, a big fan of epic sci-fi series (BSG, SW, ST, etc.) so I guess that I was drawn to Star Citizen because it will be like I finally get my own role in one of those franchises. Plus, it's high time that we bring back the space sim genre back to PC and what better way than to do it entirely based on player desires and feedback!

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Like many others, I want to try my hand at everything in the game. It looks so huge and seems to have so much potential! But mainly I see myself as a fighter pilot or smuggler/freighter pilot. If there's eventually a neat science research module, I wouldn't mind surgically altering my ears for a vulcan look to fit in the role better!

What was the first game you remember playing?
Geez, really hard to say... Definitely earliest ones were educational ones like Zoombinis and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego. The earliest memories of actual gaming were probably with Dark Forces II. Earliest flight/space sim were Tie Fighter and X-Wing.

What other games do you play?
Currently trying to get back into joystick mode after being on mouse and keyboard for so long so I'm practicing a ton on atmospheric flight sims like Black Shark 2 and Flaming cliffs 3. I recently reinstalled Freelancer and the X3 series to get back into the space sim as well. Overall, I mostly like to stick to action and RPGs. My two biggest titles right now are the Arkham and Witcher series.

Picard or Kirk?
Picard, hands down. I'd let him do unspeakable things to me as long as he just kept talking the whole way through...

Forgot to add: I'll be bringing my super hornet and Retaliator to the fray!

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Like many others, I want to try my hand at everything in the game. It looks so huge and seems to have so much potential! But mainly I see myself as a fighter pilot or smuggler/freighter pilot. If there's eventually a neat science research module, I wouldn't mind surgically altering my ears for a vulcan look to fit in the role better!
I like that smuggler/freighter pilot angle...

Picard or Kirk?
Picard, hands down. I'd let him do unspeakable things to me as long as he just kept talking the whole way through...
Welcome aboard, Riker! ;)

Flipper

Grand Moff of TEST Squardon
Nov 1, 2013
Welcome aboard, friend-o!

Zoombinis
Holy shit you just opened up the memory floodgates there.

JL9977

Lieutenant
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JL9977
Holy shit you just opened up the memory floodgates there.
And here I thought I was one of the few losers who was stuck with educational games while all my friends had the cool parents who would let them play Doom and Duke Nukem. Glad to see I have some common ground with others!

Reactions: JoeCool4433
Forgot your password?