Kidnapping.....intended by SC?

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Well ladies and gents, a curious incident occured to me last weekend jetting about the world in my Connie I thought Id share, too bad it wasnt recorded. Test driving my Connie and landed at the PVP section for some FPS action. When some bright spark tried to board me and take my shiny! :eek: Seems you cant kill anyone within a multicrew ship or we were firing blanks. Quickly took off with my cargo of x1 asshole and took to the skies. To rub salt in the wound I made use of the current Connie piloting bug (by accident) and exited the fight seat in movement......DOOMED us both to cold lonely deaths in space in the middle of nowhere as you cant re enter the pilot seat. Still, worth it! :D

Grimbli

Space Marshal
Jan 27, 2016
RSI Handle
Grimbli
They will enable inside ship kills once they get the locking mechanism down. So you can prevent just anyone from opening the door after you do.

I have a feeling that will release around the same time as breach explosives.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Yeah, have a look into the patch notes of 2.4 - this will enable killing within ships. Don't like it. This will mean somehow you can't invite anymore strangers for a ride on your multicrew without being continously worried that your co-pilot will shoot you while flying around in space. :(o_O

Reactions: EpilepticCricket

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Yeah, have a look into the patch notes of 2.4 - this will enable killing within ships. Don't like it. This will mean somehow you can't invite anymore strangers for a ride on your multicrew without being continously worried that your co-pilot will shoot you while flying around in space. :(o_O
Guess no more hitchhiking for you then, might be that suspicious look you have about you, preempting a bullet in the back of the head. LOL :p

Has there been any word on what actually happens to the ship if you backstab the pilot? Is it perminantly yours? Obviously if its insured the original owner wont lose it but will the stolen one get added to the hanger?

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Guess no more hitchhiking for you then, might be that suspicious look you have about you, preempting a bullet in the back of the head. LOL :p
Well, at most times I pick up hitchhikers or invite others to have a ride with me. Met some nice people doing this, always was a pleasure. BUT I've mostly done such pick ups at Kareah *knowing* that even *if* its a pirate, he (or she) can't harm me. This will change then. And thats what I am a little bit sad about. This whole hitchhiking is a fun topic within the verse. In nearly every session there are people who want to be picked up somewhere around Crusader. :)

Reactions: EpilepticCricket

Mog_No_1

Captain
Donor
May 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Well, at most times I pick up hitchhikers or invite others to have a ride with me. Met some nice people doing this, always was a pleasure. BUT I've mostly done such pick ups at Kareah *knowing* that even *if* its a pirate, he (or she) can't harm me. This will change then. And thats what I am a little bit sad about. This whole hitchhiking is a fun topic within the verse. In nearly every session there are people who want to be picked up somewhere around Crusader. :)
Yes will be sad to see the day when you cant trust the stranger next to you anymore. You might need to invest in a small padded cell for your ships? Then you can load your passenger into that with the comfort knowing you can travel safely and not get a bullet in the back.

Reactions: AstroSam

Jestyr

Space Marshal
May 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Jeso
What if they had a device you could add to your ship that disables weapons like at the stations. You would have to hack to the ship remotely to disable it... or go native and take out the crew with knives. Interesting.

FluffyVonRage

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Palegrave
I'd kind of assume there's going to be non-lethal weapons added at some point - maybe some restraints as well.. Could make bounty hunting/kidnapping a lot more reasonable.

Definitely expecting more Rust/Day Z/Ark hostage shenanigans if so :D

Forgot your password?