Latest Corsair iCUE Software Bugged (v3.23.66)

Ethreck

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 13, 2016
RSI Handle
Ethreck
Just a quick note I wanted to mention to you guys. I am sure some of you are using the Corsair iCUE software. The keyboard macros are bugged. Basically any macros you put in your keyboard "Action Library" will be mapped to the ESC, F1, F2 etc... keys respectively. Which effectively makes any macros in the keyboard Action Library global macros for those keys.

It actually does not stop with the ESC - Fn keys. For a keyboard with 12 F keys, if you have more than 13 macros in there it will then start using the number keys at the top of the keyboard. I know this because I tried to just add macros in the Action Library that just remapped the ESC - Fn keys to their actual key. Then my next macro in the Action Library was mapped to the 1 key.

So if you look at that screenshot below, that "Text 1" macro will be globally mapped to the ESC key.

The only solution I have found to remedy this is to just delete all macros in the keyboard Action Library.

1576349994087.png

Hope that helps anyone who was having this issue. Now all we need to do is wait for Corsair to fix this.

Also, note, I noticed this behavior on the previous version as well, but I am not going to go digging for the version number.

Once last thing, there is another way to fix this and that is to downgrade to the iCUE software version that doesn't have this issue. The only problem with that is that all of your profiles will then be disabled because they were upgraded to work with the latest version of the iCUE software. So this is not really a viable option. I just want to mention it to save people some unexpected pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deroth
Forgot your password?