Life off world. Asgardia.

Would you live on a satellite given sufficient technology and safety testing?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Only if it was safe

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

steven Pelletier

Commander
Jan 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Splitloop
Ill just leave this here.

http://asgardia.space/

Ill also say, that in all honest i dont believe much will come of this particular movement.
What WILL happen is recognition as to how many people on our planet are actually interested in something like this and the work that all citizens will do to make something like this happen. The interest is real. Lets show the rest of the planet.

Floating Cloud

Space Marshal
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Floating_Cloud
Sadly we are not build for zero gravity, and the effects of long term weightlessness are not good. That's not just something that affects us when we return to the gravity well, but also hit pretty hard whilst still in space. Still if you can put up with permanent eye damage, brittle bones, sleep disorders and excessive flatulence amongst other things then it would be pretty cool :)

CrudeSasquatch

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
CrudeSasquatch
Sadly we are not build for zero gravity, and the effects of long term weightlessness are not good. That's not just something that affects us when we return to the gravity well, but also hit pretty hard whilst still in space. Still if you can put up with permanent eye damage, brittle bones, sleep disorders and excessive flatulence amongst other things then it would be pretty cool :)
I like my ladies tall, brittle, with glasses, and who aren't afraid to 'gas off'

steven Pelletier

Commander
Jan 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Splitloop
I have faith that these problems are at most 5 decades away from being solved.
I wonder the if artificial gravity (centrifugal) would help with some of these problems like the bone density issue.
I used to think that there could be sleeping chambers that would remedy some of the negative effects as you slept.

Even then, life is short, I'd be more then happy to shorten it a bit more if it means my dreams become reality.

Dragonslaya54

Space Marshal
May 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Nilrune
Yea but with artificial gravity those problems wouldn't affect us. But looking at earth from the ring would definitely give you a headache! :confused:

steven Pelletier

Commander
Jan 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Splitloop
Like I said, I don't believe this to be anything more then a numbers game. They're really looking for people to just show interest so that the concept has real world traction. Baby steps.

Reactions: AstroSam

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I have faith that these problems are at most 5 decades away from being solved.
I wonder the if artificial gravity (centrifugal) would help with some of these problems like the bone density issue.
I used to think that there could be sleeping chambers that would remedy some of the negative effects as you slept.

Even then, life is short, I'd be more then happy to shorten it a bit more if it means my dreams become reality.
This is what SSI's G-Lab was designed to study. So far as we know, humans cannot live in micro-gravity even for a few weeks without suffering serous damage to our bodies, but artificial gravity generated by rotation should be a complete cure, at least according to Einstein's General Relativity.

http://ssi.org/tag/g-lab/

Reactions: AstroSam

steven Pelletier

Commander
Jan 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Splitloop
This is what SSI's G-Lab was designed to study. So far as we know, humans cannot live in micro-gravity even for a few weeks without suffering serous damage to our bodies, but artificial gravity generated by rotation should be a complete cure, at least according to Einstein's General Relativity.

http://ssi.org/tag/g-lab/
I'm sure more complications would show their face after the implementation of sufficient artificial gravity, but we need to get there first and deal with one problem at a time. First problem being recognition of the value of such a society. ;)

Forgot your password?