Looking for a deep exploration/recon ship...

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Way back in like...2016 I believe it was I bought the 315p. I loved the ship mainly because of it's explorer look!
The exposed piping in the back, the kinda rough edges, the jet engines in the back that opened and closed as you sped up, loved it!

I don't like what it looks like now really... It's sleek, sporty, stylish.... I want to feel like I'm roughing it when I'm out there, not like I'm in a luxury spacecraft!

I really like the Terrapin. Love the look of it, but from what I've read it might not be the best for deep space exploration.
Can you guys convince me that the Terrapin is a good deep space explorer? :p
A Terrapin is only as good as the value it's worth when melted. It's a nice little ship, but ridiculously over priced for what it currently is. For pretty much the same money, you could have a Corsair (I'm waiting for one), as the Corsair is still in concept, you get a Constellation Aquila as a loan ship.

STILL CURRENT AT TIME OF WRITING:
If you still have that 315P, go to the pledge store and buy "315P to Warbond Nomad" for $4.00, it will give you LTI. Then once Drake Day at the IAE kicks off, and you can afford it, buy a "Nomad to Corsair CCU".

Apply the 315P - Warbond Nomad CCU to your current 315P, then...
Apply the Nomad to Corsair CCU to your new Nomad.

End result is a Corsair with LTI

I've been doing this for the past few days, now 90% of my fleet has LTI, the rest (my cheap ships) have 120 months insurance.

Last edited:

Dygon

Space Marshal
Feb 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Dygon
A Terrapin is only as good as the value it's worth when melted. It's a nice little ship, but ridiculously over priced for what it currently is. For pretty much the same money, you could have a Corsair (I'm waiting for one), as the Corsair is still in concept, you get a Constellation Aquila as a loan ship.

STILL CURRENT AT TIME OF WRITING:
If you still have that 315P, go to the pledge store and buy "315P to Warbond Nomad" for $4.00, it will give you LTI. Then once Drake Day at the IAE kicks off, and you can afford it, buy a "Nomad to Corsair CCU".

Apply the 315P - Warbond Nomad CCU to your current 315P, then...
Apply the Nomad to Corsair CCU to your new Nomad.

End result is a Corsair with LTI

I've been doing this for the past few days, now 90% of my fleet has LTI, the rest (my cheap ships) have 120 months insurance.
I've already changed my 315p to the nomad warbond :D for the lifetime insurance :D. What does CCU mean though? Also, when is the Drake day at IAE, where can I check this out?

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
The Aquila has a min crew of 3 though? Also I would prefer a smaller ship. Have been checking out the corsair and that looks fairly interesting!
CCU is Cross Chassis Upgrade, the token you used to change your 315P. From there you can get a CCU for any ship worth more than the Nomad, and the LTI will carry over. As for the Aquilla, you will get it as a loan ship, while waiting for the Corsair to be released.

Forgot your password?