Looks like the Ares has a gun the size of the cockpit.

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Hmmm I'm already wet.... oh sh!t I've spill the beer...:drunk:

I really like the modern Crusader designs - this one looks to be no exception, don't think it will oust my Mercury but it might replace one of the fighters - maybe the hurricane.
Agree really love the CI style it's the only one, up to now, that foor me have a proper modern sci-fi looks. Not that i dislike the other line up (origin have a fantastic style too), but compared to Drake, RSI or MISC this is more in line of my taste.
Looking forward to the complete news today!

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Yeah, I'll be done done (as opposed to my current mid tour break) and home by the end of Jan.
That's great not too long then, and hopefully be home for a while this time.

Agree really love the CI style it's the only one, up to now, that foor me have a proper modern sci-fi looks. Not that i dislike the other line up (origin have a fantastic style too), but compared to Drake, RSI or MISC this is more in line of my taste.
Looking forward to the complete news today!
I completely agree, I've liked all the new Crusader ships, still not a fan of the genesis but hopefully when they bring it inline with the current crusader style it will be more appealing.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
That's great not too long then, and hopefully be home for a while this time.
Amen to that. If all goes well, home for the next year or so.
I completely agree, I've liked all the new Crusader ships, still not a fan of the genesis but hopefully when they bring it inline with the current crusader style it will be more appealing
I almost coughed up for the Genesis. Not for the transport, but for the variants that were mentioned when she released.
"The United Empire of Earth military also modifies the standard Genesis spaceframe for a number of different roles, including a troop transport, patrol hunter-killer, SWACS/C&C platform (referred to informally as the Starlifter, Starhunter and Starseeker) and even as an advanced aerospace prototype testbed! Imperator One, a highly customized Genesis starliner with added security and luxury features, is used to ferry the sitting Imperator when they travel off-world."
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14801-Introducing-The-Genesis-Starliner

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Amen to that. If all goes well, home for the next year or so.

I almost coughed up for the Genesis. Not for the transport, but for the variants that were mentioned when she released.
"The United Empire of Earth military also modifies the standard Genesis spaceframe for a number of different roles, including a troop transport, patrol hunter-killer, SWACS/C&C platform (referred to informally as the Starlifter, Starhunter and Starseeker) and even as an advanced aerospace prototype testbed! Imperator One, a highly customized Genesis starliner with added security and luxury features, is used to ferry the sitting Imperator when they travel off-world."
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14801-Introducing-The-Genesis-Starliner
It was definitely intriguing the looks just put me off, I definitely feel if they bring it inline with the modern crusader style it will be so much more appealing.

And now the Ares sale is live - a S7 gun in a good looking ship - sooo very tempting

Sayora

Grand Admiral
Donor
Oct 23, 2018
RSI Handle
Sayora
Ares is on sale now, ION version white with a S7 engery weapon, 4xS5 Torps and 8xS3 Missiles total, 3x Med Shield, gens, 2 Med power, 3Med Coolers, just a fighter no other internal room.

The Inferno version is black with a S7 Gat, one less shield, powerplant, and cooler but with more armor

Loaner seems to be a Hurricane

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Ares is on sale now, ION version white with a S7 engery weapon, 4xS5 Torps and 8xS3 Missiles total, 3x Med Shield, gens, 2 Med power, 3Med Coolers, just a fighter no other internal room.

The Inferno version is black with a S7 Gat, one less shield, powerplant, and cooler but with more armor

Loaner seems to be a Hurricane
Jesus...
Two very different variants.
Ugh. My poor wallet

GarikDuvall

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 3, 2018
RSI Handle
Garik_Duvall
Dammit this thing is sexy. Right before Xmas.... which means good news and bad news.

Bad: Kids aren't getting any presents this year because... Ares.
Good: I don't have any kids lol. But my bank account won't handle this well.

May look into doing an upgrade to be cheaper, but no idea what to sacrifice for one of these. Only two fighters I have are the Vanguard and Super Hornet Heartseeker, which I really don't want to get rid of. Also, I really hope we create a "Domino" squadron for these, where it's pairs of a black & white (inferno & ion) to take out anything in their path with the two hit anti-shield/armor combo.

Forgot your password?