Lost on what to upgrade to and who uses Voice Attack?

Desync™

Captain
Jun 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Desync
Sitting with a super hornet and looking at the ships with the new ship upgrade feature. Something is telling me to upgrade but have no idea what I want.

Also, who uses voice attack and did you create your own profile or grab one of the many floating around the SC forums?

Last edited:

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Sitting with a super hornet and looking at the ships with the new ship upgrade feature. Something is telling me to upgrade but have no idea what I want.
Super Hornet is fun in AC but you will be able to upgrade later on when you have a better idea of what you'd like to do at the start of the PU. There are quite a few posts on the forums on the different professions that will most likely be available early on.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
Super is pretty good for a two seater. No point in upgrading unless you want multi crew.

Desync™

Captain
Jun 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Desync
I'll probably keep the SH for now, I'm more of a fighter over anything else so I'll see how it goes. Also updated the first post about Voice Attack. Anyone use it?

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
I used it at the beginning when I didn't know the controls yet. It's useful for setting up complicated maneuvers though. I didn't end up using though. I much rather try Track IR to be honest.

Desync™

Captain
Jun 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Desync
I used it at the beginning when I didn't know the controls yet. It's useful for setting up complicated maneuvers though. I didn't end up using though. I much rather try Track IR to be honest.
Track IR just allows you to move your head and look around doesn't it? or can you initiate commands with it?

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
No, no commands. I think some people have tried to connect their gimbal to it but it isn't very accurate. It is actually very different that Voice Attack and I just mention it only if you're going to spend cash on it, as a peripheral, Track IR is pretty cool. Just my 2 cents though.

I believe Voice Attack as a 30-day demo. Try it before you buy it. : )

Desync™

Captain
Jun 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Desync
No, no commands. I think some people have tried to connect their gimbal to it but it isn't very accurate. It is actually very different that Voice Attack and I just mention it only if you're going to spend cash on it, as a peripheral, Track IR is pretty cool. Just my 2 cents though.

I believe Voice Attack as a 30-day demo. Try it before you buy it. : )

Sorry, you confused me there for a minute. I've wanted Track IR for a while now for when I played Arma 3. I did try voice attack back when it started getting popular for SC and ended up buying it. Just don't see many people posting on the SC forums about using it much anymore.

Space Monkey

Vice Admiral
Donor
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
FlyingSpaceMonkey
Sorry, you confused me there for a minute. I've wanted Track IR for a while now for when I played Arma 3. I did try voice attack back when it started getting popular for SC and ended up buying it. Just don't see many people posting on the SC forums about using it much anymore.
Yeah, sorry. I got carried away thinking about peripherals. : 9

I honestly didn't really find a need for it. There is a guy that I saw on Twitch with a pretty intense profile for evasive maneuvers and the like. If you already have the program, it might be worth while in that capacity.

Feral Oxide

Grand Admiral
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
FeralOxide
I used Voice Attack for a while and still pull it up once in a while. I ended up writing my own profile, then I recorded my daughter as the computer voice. It's sort of useful, but becomes a wee clunky as you then have three computers talking to you at times. It seems pretty responsive once you tweak it or use simpler commands. I found some of the fancier commands in other profiles just caused to much brain freeze and I gave up trying to tweak them so they worked with my system.

Desync™

Captain
Jun 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Desync
I used Voice Attack for a while and still pull it up once in a while. I ended up writing my own profile, then I recorded my daughter as the computer voice. It's sort of useful, but becomes a wee clunky as you then have three computers talking to you at times. It seems pretty responsive once you tweak it or use simpler commands. I found some of the fancier commands in other profiles just caused to much brain freeze and I gave up trying to tweak them so they worked with my system.
I know what you mean there. I downloaded the Anna v5.2 last night and she has over 1600 commands. with half of them being personality / general convo / wiki info commands.

Forgot your password?