Make sense to put the F7A on a referral token?

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
I mean seeing as the token is already both account-bound and lost-if-melted, does popping it onto a referral ship then sorta make sense? I'm trying to convince myself that makes more sense than letting the cool unique CCU wither in my hangar AND would prevent me from rage-melting it during moments of weakness! XD Whatcha'll think?

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Clever idea, which referral token did you have in mind? I'd be tempted to convert the ARGO Cargo into a F7A. I'm still a little salty over CIG saying that they're eliminating the Greycat PTV buggy from being a contender for the BIS because they're planning on updating it to a gold standard, then giving us the buggy track to enjoy racing on, while never giving us the updated PTV to vote for BIS.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Clever idea, which referral token did you have in mind?
I have two options, both of which I'm considering:

A.) 3.7 Merlin which has already been CCU'd to a C8R
or
B.) The '21 IAE Argo MPUV, which is currently The Flying Thumb (aka 85X)

I did this because these for a while have been my favorite/most useful small ships in the game, and I was hesitant of putting very much credit into non-meltable ships. C8R for the obvious reason of having the medbed and 85X I've found extremely helpful for it's ability to be spawned at a vehicle outputs, AND carry two people outta there, AND then land/fit in the hold a surprisingly high number of larger ships. But seeing as both are easily accessible with aUEC it sorta doesn't much matter, so I'm leaning toward turning the C8R (due to its higher starting value) into the F7A.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Personally, I'd wait at least 6 months before committing to F7A MK II.
CIG has a habit of introducing a total imba god tier super ship.
Then 'balancing' it to obscurity after couple of patches.

That being said. I like hornets. I have a F7A MK II token I'm sitting on. I'll probably put it on my (self)referral reward Dragonfly Black.
I'll probably wait at least six months before pulling the trigger on that though.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
I have two options, both of which I'm considering:

A.) 3.7 Merlin which has already been CCU'd to a C8R
or
B.) The '21 IAE Argo MPUV, which is currently The Flying Thumb (aka 85X)

I did this because these for a while have been my favorite/most useful small ships in the game, and I was hesitant of putting very much credit into non-meltable ships. C8R for the obvious reason of having the medbed and 85X I've found extremely helpful for it's ability to be spawned at a vehicle outputs, AND carry two people outta there, AND then land/fit in the hold a surprisingly high number of larger ships. But seeing as both are easily accessible with aUEC it sorta doesn't much matter, so I'm leaning toward turning the C8R (due to its higher starting value) into the F7A.
Both are smart ideas. Personally, I picked up a duo pack of the Pulse bikes, so that I can have the F7C MK2 & its F7A upgrade together.

Forgot your password?