Mass Effect Trilogy....It's Back Baby!

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
Official news broke last week on N7 day.

The Mass Effect - Legendary Edition is now a thing! (Spring 2021)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtbf8ssBn0

From Bioware "Not remake or reimagine, but modernize the experience so players can experience it in it's best possible form. 4K Ultra HD resolution, faster framerates and visual enhancements"
Apparently apart from the complete trilogy, all DLC and promo weapons and gear will be included. (No ME3 multiplayer).

It is unknown how much ME1 will be dragged into the 21st century regarding gameplay revamps, so stay tuned.

Also making news on the Mass Effect front, they have said they are in early work with the dev team responsible for ME, in the creation of the next game in the ME series..I really hope it doesn't suck like Andromeda.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw6lXwvxSjg

Last edited:

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I am irrepressibly pleased by this announcement. Will need to be a bit more fluid than the originals to meet today's more exacting standards but the core game and story is something I've not tired of and will happily play through again.
I recently did two play through's only two months back of ME2 and ME3, would be nice if the whole series had the combat style of ME3, I loved the series, the Reapers were terrifying. Some of the DLC was brilliant, Leviathan was glorious with a Lovecraftian vibe.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I played through all the Mass Effect games earlier this year.

ME1 is frankly a mess to play in its current state- it's very aged, the gunplay is.....tolerable is the best I can say. It was definitely trying to be an RPG first and any shooter mechanics second.

I really hope that they take the fast and fluid gameplay from 2/3, and harmonize it across all the games. I much preferred the weight system of ME3 to the "lol you can't use this gun because you're a biotic, you fucking idiot" of ME1 where you were hilariously inaccurate with any non-proficient weapon.

I'll be keeping a close eye on this for sure.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Yes i need a realistic 4k version of those hot alien bootys please.

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman
I never played any of the mass effect games, something I should pickup when they release?
Absolutely like Montoya said, and for me it is my personal favorite "ongoing space opera". When playing Mass Effect 2 and 3, parts of the game changes depending on what decisions you made in the previous game/s. No spoilers but the whole story is epic, one person's journey to save the galaxy. From being told it's a myth, to oh fuck what do we do? tell us! Once released next year and updated it will be well worth your time, back when EA told fantastic stories. (Also Mass Effect: Andromeda set in the same universe....but we don't talk about it...the trilogy is where its at).

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?