May I join you guys?

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
Sup folks,

I just got the Freelancer DUR package and now the real waiting begins. I've been staring at my DURp all day in my hanger (my girlfriend is amused at my dorkishness) and can't wait to see how they allow us to modify them.

I'm an OG (original gamer) and that means I'm an old feller. Been PC gaming since 1986, well . . . longer if you count the TRS80s they had in school with the cassette tapes instead of floppy disks, but I got my first PC in 86.

Anyway, I'm not sure how the Test membership works but I hope you'll take me in.

Peace, love and if that doesn't work a whack upside yer head!!! :P

Reactions: WarrenPeace

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
well welcome and have a beer :P

Reactions: The Woodsman

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I've been daydreaming about different ship configurations. Weird combos, like stripping the armor off a Gladiator, drop a third engine where the bomb bay goes, and lose the gunner seat to make a high speed racer. Or fit my Merchantman with about 6-8 torpedo launchers and go Bengal hunting. But yeah, welcome to TEST!

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
Welcome to TEST!!! There's nothing wrong with being an "old feller". It just means we got to start with the original space "sims", Asteroids, Defender, and Space Invaders...... I miss my old Atari and the stand up arcade games.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
it's always good to see more old-timers coming around

they have the good sense to stay off my lawn

Last edited:

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
@CaptainHavoc
someone give this man a medal XD those are some real "fitting" answers

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
Bengal hunting . . . . sounds like an insurance claim to me :p That Merch is a big boat, the Bengal must be a carrier?
yes yes it is. in fact the big ship you see in the singleplayer videos is an bengal

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Yeah for more older gamers. I found from my extensive research since being in test that most of the members are over 25 with a lot of us in or past our thirties.... Part of the reason I think this organization is growing on me like a fungus I once had in college. But enough about STDs... welcome to test!

You may want to wash your hands after being here.... and take a shower.

You got a loaner 300i right? Take it for a spin yet? Also look at getting an OMEGA if your budget allows and keep as is or CCU to a different ship... gets you from staring at a ships beauty to loving the dog fighting and or racing....

Murderer

Space Marshal
Jun 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Murderer
Welcome to the org!!!

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
yes yes it is. in fact the big ship you see in the singleplayer videos is an bengal

I'll have to check those vids out, I've known about SC since it became public but I've been burned by hype before and I didn't let myself look at it until this past weekend . . . Ok I migt have peeked a few times over the past year. . . But anyway, I haven't looked at all of the media yet, if there any stand outs that I might overlook, please let me know.

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
Yeah for more older gamers. I found from my extensive research since being in test that most of the members are over 25 with a lot of us in or past our thirties.... Part of the reason I think this organization is growing on me like a fungus I once had in college. But enough about STDs... welcome to test!

You may want to wash your hands after being here.... and take a shower.

You got a loaner 300i right? Take it for a spin yet? Also look at getting an OMEGA if your budget allows and keep as is or CCU to a different ship... gets you from staring at a ships beauty to loving the dog fighting and or racing....
Lol. I'm happy to hear this is a more "mature" group, I'm 40, so not so much the old fart compared to folks in their 30's.

I literally just started really looking at ships this weekend, my decision was between the the Cutlass Black and the Freelancer DUR, picked the DUR. I liked the idea of being able to take long runs. I'm certain it nothing to do with what I ought would be the best ship in game, I just liked the way the DUR looked, all business. I flew the arena ship, the hornet I think. Haven't flown the 300i or any of the 300s yet but I think they look cool. Maybe I'll buy another ship in a few months, it'll probably be a fighter. But damn it, I like the reclaimer too . . . And the 315p and the Starfairer . . . I can't spend a grand on a game, I can't spend a grand a game, I can't spend a grand on a game . . . . .

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Lol. I'm happy to hear this is a more "mature" group, I'm 40, so not so much the old fart compared to folks in their 30's.

I can't spend a grand on a game, I can't spend a grand a game, I can't spend a grand on a game . . . . .
You got me by five years.... damn old people! HA

And is that a challenge or the mutterings of a man sitting in the corner staring at pretty internet spaceships with his credit card in his hand....?

Welcome to Test... you'll fit right in.

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
You got me by five years.... damn old people! HA

And is that a challenge or the mutterings of a man sitting in the corner staring at pretty internet spaceships with his credit card in his hand....?

Welcome to Test... you'll fit right in.
Mutterings, definetly mutterings . . .

The Woodsman

Lieutenant
Jan 4, 2015
RSI Handle
The Woodsman
Is your PC still from 86? You may have some trouble running SC.

Welcome to TEST!
I could barely run the cauclator in Windows on my 32 bit machine from back then. I assure you I'm well equipped and able to run SC on max. Just upgraded to an R9 270x and a 250gig ssd drive. My first hard drive, I think had 30mb. . . Ultima 6 had 11 5.5" floppies . . . I loved that game!

Forgot your password?