Maybe starting twitch¿

underscorexox

Commander
Feb 1, 2019
RSI Handle
underscorexox
Hiya! it’s underscore
I was seriously thinking about starting a twitch channel just where I can stream games like star citizen and some other stuff like my drawing process.
This is my first time starting anything like this so I wanted to know if anyone had any tips.
Also tell me straight. Is this a good idea? Like would anyone actually be interested in watching my streams?
Thanks

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I dont stream myself but you'd be surprised with what people like to watch. I think its a good idea and you would obviously get the support of TEST, from the little i know id say......

( @Montoya or @DirectorGunner can give you better advice)

Get your editing software sorted
Good camera and mic.
Plan a few things and videos you want to make ....unless its Lets Play(which is cool too). If and when you do it make sure to come and tell us where to find you, hop over to the Discord for advice too. TEST has alot of good content creators.
Got 1 Sub already

Good Luck!

stockish

Space Marshal
Nov 24, 2018
RSI Handle
Stockish
Download OBS Studio (Technical, more options) or Streamlabs OBS (User friendly, less options) and get familiar with either (they are separate entities), if you want to have a webcam and don't already, Logitech C9** series are a good value. Then look at how you want to market and visualize the stream, graphics can go a long way!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I thought about it a while back but decided it was too much work - you're basically gonna have to stream as often as you can on order to build up a viewer base and keep that going for year(s). It's hard at the start when you have very few peeps watching or an idiot gives you bad comments.

That said, if it is what you want to do and you have several hobbies you want to share with people, then go for it. Why not give it a go? Let us know when you'll be streaming and I'll watch! SC is obviously cool but the drawing sounds cool too!

Scape

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 2, 2019
RSI Handle
Scape_TEST
I thought about it a while back but decided it was too much work - you're basically gonna have to stream as often as you can on order to build up a viewer base and keep that going for year(s). It's hard at the start when you have very few peeps watching or an idiot gives you bad comments.

That said, if it is what you want to do and you have several hobbies you want to share with people, then go for it. Why not give it a go? Let us know when you'll be streaming and I'll watch! SC is obviously cool but the drawing sounds cool too!
Combine SC with Drawing......i want an Aurora!!

Reactions: underscorexox

underscorexox

Commander
Feb 1, 2019
RSI Handle
underscorexox
I was seriously thinking about starting a twitch channel just where I can stream games like star citizen and some other stuff like my drawing process

Whats the Drawing Process??
I draw photo realism and it takes a few hours so I thought a chill stream where I can just talk and record would be nice sometimes :)

Kiladyn

Vice Admiral
Dec 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Kiladyn
Go for it! you never know if you will like it until you try. I have done it a few times and enjoyed it. I just dont really have the time to stream often. I'd gladly check it out and watch. If you enjoy it and have fun then it is worth it.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
If you do it for the enjoyment of it, not with the intention of making a career from it, then you are probably going to be fine!
This.

Dont be one of those people who try an make a career out of it, they are few and far between, and there are far more people by orders of several magnitudes who have dumpster fire finances because they jacked it all in to become a twitch streamer or youtuber.

Do it for fun, do it to find new friends, take what ever it makes you as a bonus.

Forgot your password?