Melt the M50????

Gumbi17

Space Marshal
Sep 1, 2016
RSI Handle
gumbi_17
As someone is going to be mostly industrial I'm in a dilemma! I bought the M50 when they had the big sale because I figured racing was going to be a big part of the game and I wanted a fast ship. As we seem to progress further, it seems as racing is falling away from game play to maybe a single player to make money at lower levels. So with the Crucible on sale I am debating on using that and CCU'ing it up to the crucible. Does anyone have anymore information about the future of racing and or if I should keep this nice red ship!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hm, hard to say. AFAIK racing definitely will become one core profession of the game, and it will be one tough way to earn money! Thus not (only) a thing for "a single player to make money at low levels".

That said, may I ask if you don't have the possibility to melt the M50, using the money to buy the Crucible or CCU another ship which you holding as buyback option...?

As for example, I today melted my Cat, bought back a P72 for 30 real bucks and CCU'd it to the Crucible by using the remaining ingame bucks...

Capt_Baldi

Grand Admiral
May 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Capt_Baldi
They said at one point that there would/could be racing events at Grim Hex (Wasn't it there?), so I think that you'd be able to race against other players at certain locations for fixed events, and maybe even have players bet on the winner etc.
But, around the verse you could propably challenge others players to a race duel around certain astroids, create your own "racing track" and race for money in duels if you will.

Other than that, the M50 isn't just a racer. It's an excellent fighter if maneuvered correctly and I think it would be a really good "get in, get out" ship for certain scenarios. :)
I think that the reason why we're not getting much information about racing, is because they're focused on 2.6 with Star Marine and eventually 3.0 with Planetary Landing. That doesn't mean that racing won't be a valid source of income at one point.

If I had the M50 with LTI, I wouldn't melt it for anything else. :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
To melt it, thats okay because you can rebuy it. But I wouldn't CCU it.
[edit]Okay, thats another story. Hm...

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Another suggestion: you are buying a CCU from a regular ship to the Crucible - i.e. Aquila to Crucible (around 40 bucks). Then you have the opportunity to get her lateron, when you have the money to buy it. Just wait for another concept sale, get into it, then CCU to Aquila and finally from Aquila to Crucible. Would that work out for you?

Reactions: Captain Call

Gumbi17

Space Marshal
Sep 1, 2016
RSI Handle
gumbi_17
Dane you might be right too...after seeing all of the changes coming up 3.0, 3.1 etc I did not see one racing thing but you both make a good point! It wasn't really to afford the crucible but to use what I wasn't going to use. Maybe after work today I will take it out for a spin again and see if it still has that fun factor!!

supitza

Vault Dweller
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
AstroSupitza
The Crucible is a beautiful piece of ship.
Consider what you want to set as a game goal. You can get both ships in game, but one will be a lot more expensive than the other. Also, on the other hand, the Crucible could be something to work towards when the game goes live.

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?