Melting Merchantman to 600i explorer, can i buy it back?

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
Hi folks,

i have a ccu from the merchantman to the 600i explorer. The CCU is 25 and with the new price rise the Merchantman is now worth more then the 600i. I want to keep the 600i but dont want to keep the excess cash in the ccu, if i met the CCU it can i still buy it back even though the merchantman is worth more?

If i can buy it back will its still be for $25?

Thanks

Sintha

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Hi folks,

i have a ccu from the merchantman to the 600i explorer. The CCU is 25 and with the new price rise the Merchantman is now worth more then the 600i. I want to keep the 600i but dont want to keep the excess cash in the ccu, if i met the CCU it can i still buy it back even though the merchantman is worth more?

If i can buy it back will its still be for $25?

Thanks

Sintha
If you melt that CCU, the value will change to reflect the new price of the BMM if you want to buy it back.

Sintha

Space Marshal
Sep 9, 2015
RSI Handle
Sintha
thanks for that, i want the 600i, currently the CCU is from the Merchantman to 600i.

this means that the merchantman is now worth more but i still want the 600i.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
@Sintha Don't melt it if you want to keep it. Otherwise it will be invalid to buy back.

Here how it's working :
When in buyback, a CCU will never adjust (currently) the price or "value" of the TO ship when the TO ship is released or gets a price jump. "Value" of TO ship is frozen at the time when the CCU was purchased (and melted, the same). On a side note, storing in hangar or buyback makes currently no difference for a TO ship CCU, when the FROM ship is already released.

BUT the FROM ship price AND "value" will always be adjusted.

And yes in your case the BMM which is the FROM ship will be higher "value" for calculation than the 600i (TO ship) and you will never be able to buy it back since 600i "value" was fixed at the time you bought (and melted) the CCU.

An old 450$ BMM to a 475$ 600i Explorer CCU if melted now will become a 500$ BMM to 475$ 600i in your buyback, thus invalid CCU.

"value" here means the default RSI store credit value of a ship, used for any upgrade calculation.

More explanations in my upgrading guide in my signature.

edit : better wording for explanation ;)

Last edited:
Forgot your password?