Men in Black

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSWeEmyzk4

Interesting that they chose to discuss the smuggler's trade and the Prowler at the same time, essentially begging the player to wonder whether they can get their ill gotten goods into the Prowler. It was NOT originally slated to carry any cargo. . .but. . .

Key note, at time index 4:35 he notes "this version" holds 20 plus 2 crew. Originally they said 16 marines plus crew. Still no big reveal what goes in that empty upper room, though they did mention "we're gonna have a lot of the components are going to be accessible in this space". I'm still hoping for an EW suite there!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
It will be interesting to see what aftermarket components one can insert into their ship to tweak its behavior and capabilities. I have a feeling that we will be limited by the power plant/engine/CPU space and while they might fit on some ships they will not be as effective as they are on the ships designed for it.

Gr33nh0use

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Gr33nh0use
Oooh I want a green Cutlass!

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
The prowler is a dropship, not a cargo carrier, there's no room plus it doesn't fit the description of the ship. Just because they discuss the prowler and black market, doesn't mean the data is correlated.
Yup. But there is room if you don't lock the cargo down. It's the only stealth ship with room for cargo that comes to mind past the Ghost's one unit, though perhaps I'm just not recalling. I think though, one could probably fit 20 crates in there. Given the update with how sensors work and can read your cargo, a stealth ship for smuggling would seem a huge advantage, even if the cargo bounces around.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Yup. But there is room if you don't lock the cargo down. It's the only stealth ship with room for cargo that comes to mind past the Ghost's one unit, though perhaps I'm just not recalling. I think though, one could probably fit 20 crates in there. Given the update with how sensors work and can read your cargo, a stealth ship for smuggling would seem a huge advantage, even if the cargo bounces around.
Again, its not a cargo ship, its a dropship in the same way the Valkyrie is. Not cargo, people.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I'm not planning to play a trader, transport pilot nor smuggler, but players have always questioned about what happens when you move unsecured cargo. Certainly I would try it in the Hoplite. I've never seen it with any of the ships, and though people ask about it, I haven't seen anyone do a study. Do cargo containers get broken? Any idea what happens?

DarthMunkee

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DarthMunkee
I'd put my money I just unsecured cargo being able to just fly around the cabin like they've said it will during maneuvering. All it takes is one good hit from a container to your shield components or a power relay or whatever they end up calling the stuff and now you're properly fuckered in a fight.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
I'm not planning to play a trader, transport pilot nor smuggler, but players have always questioned about what happens when you move unsecured cargo. Certainly I would try it in the Hoplite. I've never seen it with any of the ships, and though people ask about it, I haven't seen anyone do a study. Do cargo containers get broken? Any idea what happens?
Currently nothing. You can manually load up all the cargo you can carry. You cannot use the trade terminal to buy/sell as it looks at the cargo in the cargo hold area.

I'd put my money I just unsecured cargo being able to just fly around the cabin like they've said it will during maneuvering. All it takes is one good hit from a container to your shield components or a power relay or whatever they end up calling the stuff and now you're properly fuckered in a fight.
Indeed they have talked about the possibility of unsecured cargo moving around during high G maneuvers and can cause damage, same with personal not strapped in. Currently, the game engine does not calculate the G force on the ship to its internal grid outside of the pilot seat.

Reactions: Shadow Reaper

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I vacilate back and forth what I want my first ride to be--Sentinel or Hoplite--because even though I don't fancy running cargo, the ability to do that on ocassion seems worthwhile to me. Sometimes missions have you move a single crate and you can't do that in many smallish birds, but the Hoplite you can dump a few crates in back it would seem. Now if someone attacked and you had to pull gees, could be trouble.

Reactions: Bambooza
Forgot your password?